Thread: Nintendo Announce Limited Edition Ocarina of Time 3DS

Nintendo Announce Limited Edition Ocarina of Time 3DS

As Nintendo of Europe hands out exclusive 3DS bundles, American gamers are left saying "Excuuuuuuse me, princess" to Nintendo of America. Now excuse us Europeans, we're going to go hug our Triforce 3DS.

[NEWS]

befriend (v.): to use mecha-class beam weaponry to inflict grievous bodily harm on a target in the process of proving the validity of your belief system.

Curses. Region locks.

Have towel will travel Member shoptroll's Avatar
    NoA should just ship all the black 3DS owners a DIY kit with yellow construction paper, a pair of scissors, and some tape
    So long & thanks for all the fish!

Its Ocarina of Time box also has a double-sided sleeve.
    So you can have either the normal (Hyrule Field) cover. Or an alternate Gold cover, that is probably like the American box art judging by the image on the bundle's box.

I'm tempted, although I was originally waiting until there was a wider catalogue games before I would consider getting one.

Anyone know of a good site to import this to the US?
    Xbox Live & PSN: Gambit268

I hope you're planning on importing any 3DS (as well as DSi enhanced/required) games you're planning on playing, the 3DS is region locked. Would look nice on the shelf I guess.

HOLD IT!!

Zelda 3DS pictured in GameStop Black Friday ad. Looks like NA's not left out in the cold on this one.
    "The flowers all over its body burst into bloom if it is lovingly hugged and senses gratitude."
    Twitter | A gaming podcast by grownups

What is going through Reggie Fils-Aime and Nintendo of America's mind these days?

First, we hear about three high quality Wii RPGs like Xenoblade, The Last Story, and Pandora's Tower not being published in the Americas no thanks to Reggie Fils-Aime and Nintendo of America, and now we are hearing that the Legend of Zelda: Ocarina in Time bundle may not be sold here.

What's wrong with Nintendo of America these days?

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoose View Post
    What's wrong with Nintendo of America these days?
    Take a second look at the link Shaymin posted. Looks legit enough.

Shoptroll, Shaymin's post does look legitimate.

Looks like the Nintendo 3DS Legend of Zelda: Ocarina In Time package could be coming to North America afterall.

I am wondering if this is worth it. RPGamer thinks Ocarina of Time is definitely worth my time, and other sites on the internet seem to be in agreement with this conclusion. Also, I save $10 when I get the collector's system (a system and Zelda together would run $210). However, there's literally nothing else I'm interested in on the system at the moment. I suppose now is a good a time as any to ask: What games are out there for this system?

Super Mario 3D I hear is excellent.
    Tales of the Abyss: I never played it. Is it any good?
    Anything I missed?

Well if you don't have a regular DS that entire library is ripe for the taking too. If you're upgrading from a regular DS it's a harder proposition I think (especially if said DS isn't a Phat).

I heard Starfox was serviceable, but that's based on not hearing anything overly negative. Mario Kart 7 arrives in a couple weeks if that's your thing. The general impression of the launch was that it was a bit weak (I don't totally buy this) and I don't think most of the games on offer really justified the $40 price tag. Mario Land is the closest to the "killer app" the system needs, but I still haven't seen a game do anything interesting (if anything) with some of the smaller features like play coins...

RPGamer Staff RPGamer Staff Wheels's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by flamethrower View Post
    Tales of the Abyss: I never played it. Is it any good?
    Tales of the Abyss is great, but will depend on your tolerance for the Tales series.

Other than that, there are some other titles, many just good ports or remakes typical for the early life of a system:

Cave Story 3D- Nice remake, but hard to justify spending the money over the cheaper DSiWare version
    Devil Survivor- Extra content over the original
    Street Fighter 4- Really is a great port if you enjoy the original
    Splinter Cell 3D- weird controls, but its the complete and fantastic Splinter Cell Chaos Theory (well complete minus the multi-player)

obviously not much to run out and buy a system for, but with Zelda, Mario, and a few other decent titles you'd have plenty to enjoy until the library expands a bit.