Thread: The Lost Angelic Chronicles of Frane: Dragons' Odyssey Released

The Lost Angelic Chronicles of Frane: Dragons' Odyssey Released

The Lost Angelic Chronicles of Frane have been found. The game's title made it hard to refrain from making a bad pun or two during the posting of this story.

Story
    "The universe is already mad. Anything else would be redundant."
    Twitter @FinalMacstorm

This looks interesting, I don't think I'd have heard of it otherwise. Thanks for the post

Well, this looks interesting. I remember hearing about it a while back. I'm a big Ys fan, I like quirky games from smaller developers, it's relatively cheap...

*goes to web page*

DRM:SecuROM
    , but I could deal with that...

The Lost Angelic Chronicles of Frane: Dragons' Odyssey does NOT support versions of Windows' 64-bit OS
    My only Windows PC is running Win7 x64, so I guess that's right out. :-/ Unless somebody tells me that "not supported" means "we won't give you official support," not "it won't work."

Aww, it doesn't support 64 bit? well, that ruins it for me too, both my desktop and laptop are running 64 bit.

This is the first I've heard of it too!

Fill in the blank if you can:
    If you liked _________ then you'll like The Lost Angelic Chronicles of Frane: Dragons' Odyssey.

Staff Girly Girl RPGamer Staff Nyx's Avatar
    I definitely want to try this one when life is isn't trying to kill me. It looks like it's tons of fun, which I could use after the last few games I completed.

New Member Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Minneyar View Post
    My only Windows PC is running Win7 x64, so I guess that's right out. :-/ Unless somebody tells me that "not supported" means "we won't give you official support," not "it won't work."
    I tried out the demo (which you can get from GamersGate - I think it's one of the one-hour demo types of things) and it worked ok on my Win7 x64 PC, at least for as far as I got. So, I'm guessing it's more that they won't give you official support.

That said, I didn't make it far at all in the demo. The voice acting seemed outrageously bad to me - like early-90s anime bad (ok, that's not entirely fair to all early-90s anime, but it's the best comparison I can make). I thought about turning the voice acting off, but then I realized that part of the problem with the acting is that the translation's maybe a bit odd... So I just quit.

Also, I'm not a religious person, but a conversation between the main characters and God was really weird to have in the opening scenes.

Still, I appreciate the heads-up from RPGamer - it looked really promising until I loaded it up. And, obviously, your mileage may vary.