Thread: Everquest II free to play date, Age of Discovery, and Freeport Reborn

Everquest II free to play date, Age of Discovery, and Freeport Reborn

RPGamer gets invited to a press tour of the latest EverQuest II expansion and update #62. There are beast lords, dungeon makers, and cocktail appetizers, and we are given the date that EQ2 switches over to free to play!

Read all about it here.

You may want to go over your notes again. There is no "extended level cap raise". The level cap is staying at level 90.

Guessing it got mixed up with the AA cap raise?

Quote Originally Posted by freykin View Post
    Guessing it got mixed up with the AA cap raise?
    Probably right there. Speaking of the AA raise, it is only an additional 20 aa's total and no new aas to spend them on either. The raise is more or less pointless since no class gains anything out of that really.

I haven't hit max so I don't know where it all goes, but you probably can get some extra resists or something in there from it, I'm sure. Too bad you can't just trade it in for crit mit, from what I've heard that stat is everything in the high level raids.

Crit mit is easy to get enough of.

The NDA was lifted a couple days ago and I am in the beta. Just a few points.

1. item reforging is horrible. You cant even restat the important stats and when you do it you lose 10% of the values on both ends.

2. Beastlords play way different than any of the other 24 classes. They will have some issues in raids though because they depend on the pet to do anything and the pets have low life and no area spell avoidance like summoner pets and shaman pets get.

3. make your own dungeon as it currently stands is very limited. You get preset zones to build in and you only get to place monsters and "beacons" that can give monsters different abilities. You cant change any scripting, text, design at all. And you cant run other peoples dungeons with your actual characters.

4. Most of the mercs you can hire are weaker than a bronze level member in power. Near all mercs you can hire only have adept level abilites and most of them have horrible AI. People cant even duo old world heroics as they level up with the tank mercs because they cant hold agression and takes hits like a wet paper bag. The "rare" mercs still have the stupid AI but they have master level abilities at least. They cost a ton to maintain though.

5. the freeport revamp is ok. it sucks on pvp servers for non evil faction players though.

My apologies! I have removed the reference to the level cap. :x

And about the non-evil players: I believe the developers said they were looking at revamping the Good side's city next.

Quote Originally Posted by Keerith View Post
    My apologies! I have removed the reference to the level cap. :x

And about the non-evil players: I believe the developers said they were looking at revamping the Good side's city next.
    THe good aligned city, qeynos (sony eq backwards for those that never knew) wont be redone till 2013.