Thread: Agarest War 2 Speaks English

is not declawed RPGamer Staff Ocelot's Avatar

Agarest War 2 Speaks English

In case anybody was feeling a bit too appropriate this holiday season, Aksys and Ghostlight come bearing Agarest War 2 news. It's about as comfrotable as having carolers from the Playboy Mansion interrupting one's family Christmas dinner.

Twitter: BeckyCFreelance

I'm just wondering who is the actual developer out of all the companies mentioned. Is compile heart only a publisher? Have seen the name of few times now.

News Director/Reviewer RPGamer Staff Severin Mira's Avatar
    Compile Heart is a subsidary of Idea Factory. So Compile Heart would be the developer (although Red Entertainment is involved in some way).

Looks a bit different from the earlier two games in the series but there doesn't seem too much change in actual battle system mechanics and such, which is a shame as it, urm, has "limited appeal" shall we say.
    Last edited by Severin Mira; 12-09-2011 at 08:21 AM. Reason: me type good, honest.
    "My doctor says that I have a malformed public-duty gland and a natural deficiency in moral fibre and that I am therefore excused from saving universes."
    Twitter: severinmira | Xbox Live: Severin Mira | PSN: severinmira (EU), severin-US (US) | NNID: severinmira | Skype: severinmk
    Final Fantasy XIV: Sevirain Kristinger (Leviathan)

I happen to love these games, I can't wait for this. I don't know why I love iF/Neverland/Compile Heart games.

Quote Originally Posted by Severin Mira View Post
    Compile Heart is a subsidary of Idea Factory. So Compile Heart would be the developer (although Red Entertainment is involved in some way).

Looks a bit different from the earlier two games in the series but there doesn't seem too much change in actual battle system mechanics and such, which is a shame as it, urm, has "limited appeal" shall we say.
    I certainly like the change of the graphics style. The other compile heart games I've seen all looked far worse.

move minigames for massage and bathtub? They sure are blurring the lines between eroge and not in this series.

Not that there is anything wrong with that, mind you.

Quote Originally Posted by freykin View Post
    They sure are blurring the lines between eroge and not in this series.
    I had to look up that word.

That was one bad trailer. Creepy creepy. Won't stop me from buying it when I can
    I am bad and that is good, I will never be good and that's not bad, there's no one I'd rather be than me - Wreck-it-Ralph

27 years of gaming and still going strong
    and now a Proud if slightly annoyed Father :D

The "all new battle system" looks interesting, but doesn't change the fact that this series has inherent an extraordinary creep factor.

So I wonder if this one is finally pushing for an M rating. I liked the first game and bought Zero(haven't played it yet). I'll probably grab this one as well.

is not declawed RPGamer Staff Ocelot's Avatar
    Up until now, the games themselves have been far tamer than their ad campaigns. With the new minigames, though... ew.

Twitter: BeckyCFreelance