Thread: Final Fantasy XIV Billing Update

Final Fantasy XIV Billing Update

Square announces some further details related to Final Fantasy XIV's billing system coming back online. They won't charge you unless you actively sign up again, and rates are reduced until 2.0 comes out.

Read about it here.

I'm still waiting to see if I'll be able to play without buying the game (just on my buddy pass); they haven't really specified that yet.

I am about 95% certain that, if you used a buddy pass from a Collector's Edition, you just need to pay for a subscription. It's been a year or so since I really dug into the CE details, but at the time I remember thinking it was a good deal if I had a friend, since I could essentially get two copies of the game.

Buddy Pass is a legit entry into FFXIV.
    I loaned a friend my disks to do the installation, and gave him a buddy pass. He was able to set up a billing method for the game prior to SE deciding to extend the free-trial period indefinitely (at the time).
    SE has yet to release any type of free client for the game. A game disc for installation or an ISO is required.
    "To be forgotten is worse than death."

Quote Originally Posted by Holy_Dragoon View Post
    Buddy Pass is a legit entry into FFXIV.
    I loaned a friend my disks to do the installation, and gave him a buddy pass. He was able to set up a billing method for the game prior to SE deciding to extend the free-trial period indefinitely (at the time).
    SE has yet to release any type of free client for the game. A game disc for installation or an ISO is required.
    it's the same way with FFXI as I had to buy the PC install disks...and I still have unused codes for that game just because I wanted to install it on my PC and not just my PS2
    FFXI Character name: Shadowneko Server: Quetzalcoatl Main Jobs: lvl 76 THF, lvl 95 Summoner, lvl 39 Dragoon

My VAPS Entry,