Thread: More Risen 2 Community Q&A Questions Wanted

- Fancy Title - RPGamer Staff risingsun's Avatar

More Risen 2 Community Q&A Questions Wanted

RPGamer is once again teaming up with Deep Silver and Piranha Bytes for our second community-focused Q&A session for Risen 2. Send us all of your questions about pirates, open worlds, ships of the high seas, or anything else for that matter relevant to Risen 2. Submit your questions to this forum thread and the best questions will be answered by the developers.

Didn't bother last time since I think most of the stuff I wanted to hear has already been answered in other interviews, but here's a couple I thought up just then:

• The Gothic games have a reputation for brutal difficulty. Risen, too, was significantly more difficult than the average mainstream CRPG. Do you have any specific philosophy when it comes to difficulty in games?
    • Despite the open world design, dungeons in Risen mostly consisted of linear tunnels, which limited the usefulness of skills like sneaking and other non-combat options. Has this changed at all in Risen 2?
    • After the huge sandbox world from Gothic 3, Risen was a return to the more focused, story-driven design seen in Gothic 1 and 2. Risen 2 appears to be much the same way. Would you ever consider making a game as large and open-ended as Gothic 3 again?

The game looks pretty good so far. This might be the first CRPG I pick up next year.

GM,DM,PC,NPC,1P,2P & TG TG Barighm's Avatar
    I'm out. I asked everything I wanted to ask. Well, there is one thing with the digging animations-why the heck do they think 20 sec. is still reasonable?-but I've sinced learned there is no point arguing with people about realism.

Staff Girly Girl RPGamer Staff Nyx's Avatar
    Will you be offering a nice collectors edition with Risen 2? If so, what can we expect to see bundled with the game. Will there be some pirate booty involved?

Will there be Xbox 360 pad support for the PC version? Not having it makes no sense when games like Skyrim and Witcher 2 implement it flawlessly.

- Fancy Title - RPGamer Staff risingsun's Avatar
    Ok, thanks for the questions so far. Last call for questions, after today I'm sending them off.

Releaser of Heavy Metal LegendaryZoltan's Avatar
    My question last time didn't get asked so I'll try asking again in a different way.

What are some fun pirate features we can expect to see in this game? For example, sword fights, pirate accessories as equipment, pirate mythology or history in the story, etc.
    Like RPGs? Then you will like my RPG comedy show. Watch free RIGHT HERE!

FaceBook | Twitter | Website

Host of The Sectorcast Rosestorm's Avatar
    What is the connection to Risen 1 story wise?
    Deputy Editor of Gamersector.com
    Check out my podcast Sectorcast, http://gamersector.com/podcast/sectorcast
    A lie would be considered the truth if only more people believed it.

Damn it I forgot to ask about the whole "refused classification" thing in Australia. Oh man, that was actually important. Now I'll never be a real journalist.