Thread: RPG Backtrack: Episode 61 - Tactical Genius

Code: Kirin RPGamer Staff JuMeSyn's Avatar

RPG Backtrack: Episode 61 - Tactical Genius

A guy named Ramza walks into a bar just a few minutes before a guy named Wiegraf. Their differences are resolved quickly and painfully. Whether that sounds eerily familiar or bafflingly bizarre, give the story a listen.
    Put an F, another F, and a T together.
    It's not what he's eating, but what's eating him that makes it ... sort of interesting.

Certified Polygameist RPGamer Staff jcservant's Avatar
    I want to thank everyone who was on the show, and help educate me on the Advance series. It has certainly help me make some important backlog decisions!

Quote Originally Posted by jcservant View Post
    I want to thank everyone who was on the show, and help educate me on the Advance series. It has certainly help me make some important backlog decisions!
    Haven't listened yet, but if the decision was anything other than playing FFTA on GBA and avoid FFTA2 on DS, you were told wrong.
    "The universe is already mad. Anything else would be redundant."
    Twitter @FinalMacstorm

Certified Polygameist RPGamer Staff jcservant's Avatar
    I dunno...I think you got your games mixed up there, Mac.

Host of The Sectorcast Rosestorm's Avatar
    All hail the power of Final Fantasy Tactics

RPGamer Staff RPGamer Staff Wheels's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Macstorm View Post
    Haven't listened yet, but if the decision was anything other than playing FFTA on GBA and also playing FFTA2 on DS, you were told wrong.
    There, Fixed

I didn't get around to listening to this until today but it's a shame FFT's Beowulf got no love, I used him just as much as Cid. Reis was the one with useless dragon-related abilities. Beowulf's "Magic Sword" abilities were like an Oracle's but actually worth using (no wait times for one thing). Chicken for one was excellent... 50 brave points hacked off an enemy in one go. If I needed to grind a character, just have Beowulf Chicken a guy and let it huddle in a corner while I gain some JP.
    "There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
    Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Shakespeare, Hamlet Act I, Scene 5

"You need mad bank for lobster cash." - Sabin1001

Code: Kirin RPGamer Staff JuMeSyn's Avatar
    Well, I thought about getting Beowulf. I knew Mustadio was necessary to get him, and I even trekked down to start the process of making him show up. Once I realized it was a multiple-step ordeal though, I was just kinda sick of the south part of the map after doing some quests in the area, and I packed it in to go rush through the rest of the plot.

Gear shift: did anyone try arranging the areas in FFTA to get the super good items? I only dimly remember this, but apparently if the new areas are placed in a certain order, the rewards are nifty.
    It's not what he's eating, but what's eating him that makes it ... sort of interesting.

Host of The Sectorcast Rosestorm's Avatar
    Beowulf was worth getting, Cloud is the overly useless special character of the lot.
    Deputy Editor of Gamersector.com
    Check out my podcast Sectorcast, http://gamersector.com/podcast/sectorcast
    A lie would be considered the truth if only more people believed it.

Agreed. Although Cloud can be powerful, he starts at Lv.1 and is restricted to using a lame sword. Default human Reis sucks, but you get her with Beowulf, and I hear her base magic power stats are very high, so she makes a good spellcaster. Worker 8's usefulness is mainly his access to the map where the Escutcheon 2 and Javelin 2 are resting.
    Last edited by TG Barighm; 01-02-2012 at 11:55 AM.