Page 24 of 69 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast

Thread: The 2012 Completed Games List.

RPGamer Staff RPGamer Staff
    Finished up Dungeon Defenders on PC. It was OK, the multi-player was fun, but ended up finishing some maps single player since I couldn't find an MP game. Single player is boring as Sam said during her review, but multi-player is good times.

-Kel

Code: Kirin RPGamer Staff JuMeSyn's Avatar
    Skyborn (PC) may not be terribly long, but I had a good time with it. Much more detail to come.
    It's not what he's eating, but what's eating him that makes it ... sort of interesting.

Pokémon Diamond (DS)

Yeah, yeah gonna catch them all, did restart that one just to get my missing legendary!
    Always enjoy all the experience in life, you might gain a level or two.
    http://backloggery.com/spare/sig.gif

Dragon Ball Z Budokai 3(PS2)

Probably the best of the PS2 DBZ fighters, since things began to become a bit silly when the series changed into Budokai Tenkaichi and got 100+ characters. Have not unlocked Saibamen or Cell Jr. and half of the abilities/items, but I have just about everything else...

I didn't learn anything! MasterChief's Avatar
    4/15/2012 - Resistance 3 (PS3). Normal difficulty. Interesting game, carrying on the atmospheric chaos of the previous games. Health packs make turtling the primary strategy for many an encounter, but the game doesn't drag as much as some old-school shooters do, and I rarely felt check-pointed into a corner. Overall an enjoyable experience.

"What the f--- is a Shakespeare?"
    -Rico Valasquez, showing off why no one likes him.

RPGamer Staff RPGamer Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterChief View Post
    4/15/2012 - Resistance 3 (PS3). Normal difficulty. Interesting game, carrying on the atmospheric chaos of the previous games. Health packs make turtling the primary strategy for many an encounter, but the game doesn't drag as much as some old-school shooters do, and I rarely felt check-pointed into a corner. Overall an enjoyable experience.

Good to know, I'll have to pick this up soon. Enjoyed the first one and parts of 2 were ok, but 2 mostly went off the rails.

-Kel

Dragon Fantasy (iOS) - Loved this little DQ-style RPG. First iOS game I've really gotten pulled into.
    "The universe is already mad. Anything else would be redundant."
    Twitter @FinalMacstorm

Staff Girly Girl RPGamer Staff Nyx's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Macstorm View Post
    Dragon Fantasy (iOS) - Loved this little DQ-style RPG. First iOS game I've really gotten pulled into.
    Out of curiosity, will that be a game you'll be reviewing?

I didn't learn anything! MasterChief's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Keldarus View Post
    Good to know, I'll have to pick this up soon. Enjoyed the first one and parts of 2 were ok, but 2 mostly went off the rails.

-Kel
    I dunno, I thought 2 was all right. Not as much of a kick in the teeth as the first game was, though admittedly they were trying too hard to be Halo.

"What the f--- is a Shakespeare?"
    -Rico Valasquez, showing off why no one likes him.

Overdosing Heavenly Bliss Moderator ChickenGod's Avatar
    Not positive this counts, but Mario Party 9 (Wii) is done. Played through all the stages at least once on multi-player and begrudgingly completed the Solo mode.

Not bad for a casual rental. It was fun and just different enough from the previous Mario Parties to feel fresh. The new mini star system and stage mechanics that take half of the mini stars make the game even more luck based than it used to be, if thats possible. The fact that a typical match goes by much quicker than the other games in the series (under an hour) is a huge plus if you ask me.
    "Looks like Teach just got tenure!" - Teach

Quote Originally Posted by Nyx View Post
    Out of curiosity, will that be a game you'll be reviewing?
    Yup, got a review started already.
    "The universe is already mad. Anything else would be redundant."
    Twitter @FinalMacstorm

RPGamer Staff RPGamer Staff 7thCircle's Avatar
    After several years of delaying, I finally played Steambot Chronicles (PS2). I was disappointed in the whole "non-linear RPG" thing I had heard was the game's strength. I wasn't expecting Skyrim, but I thought it would be a little more interesting, and many other Japanese games have done openness and non-linearity much better. On the other hand, while the controls were just as terrible as I had heard, I got used to them eventually and didn't think they detracted from the game too much.

Still, the most boring, vague, aimless plot I've yawned through in a long time hit me with an ending I adored. Possibly my favorite plot twist with 10 seconds left in a game ever! I probably ended with the most evil ending possible, as Savory's slave after siding with the Bloody Mantis, but I loved sticking it to Connie every chance I had. I hated her blandness and loved that Steambot let me cast her aside over and over. Take that, uninteresting generic female JRPG love interest!
    The lesson here is that dreams inevitably lead to hideous implosions.

Disgaea 4: A Promise Unforgotten (PS3)
    Xbox Live: Snowe Vingerhut
    PSN: Shinosuke_Nohara
    3DS: 0731-4978-8660
    Steam: Xepherpolis
    Feel free to add me! I'm always happy to make new RPG loving friends! :)

Stupid rental store not renting any game that isn't hugely popular anymore. I may not be able to complete any games this month.

Mass Effect 3 [Xbox 360]

New Member Member The Gentleman Loser's Avatar
    So far this month for me
    Mass Effect 3 PC
    Deus Ex Human Revolution PC

New Member Member
    So far this year, I've finished:

Broken Sword 1 (PC)
    Broken Sword 2 (PC)
    Defender's Quest (PC)
    Mass Effect 2 (PC)
    Mass Effect 3 (PC)
    The Next BIG Thing (PC)
    Yesterday (PC)

So, lots of point-and-click adventures, apparently. RPGs just take so much time to complete! Even Mass Effect 2 was a spill-over from last year...

I do recommend Defender's Quest - it's an indie tower defense game with RPG elements and a surprisingly decent story. Actually, I enjoyed every one of the games on this list - I just don't have enough time anymore to finish games I don't like.

Classic Console Junkie redwing42's Avatar
    Finished up with Final Fantasy V (PSX) finally. I don't know why it took me so many years to get back to this one, but despite the death of my original Playstation, I can finally cross it off the list. I really enjoyed this one, both for the story and the job system. Blue magic was definitely my friend in this one, which really surprised me. I guess I'll move on to FFVI sooner or later, but for now, I think I'll work on some Xenoblade and Mass Effect 3 (multiplayer and second runthrough). Oh, and Septerra Core next month.

Man vs. Slime, the fourth type of conflict Administrator sabin1001's Avatar
    Journey (the game, not the band) - PS3

I also forgot to mention Mass Effect 3 (PC).

Dragon Ball Z Burst Limit for PS3