Thread: Currents Special - RPGamer's 2012 Resolutions

- Fancy Title - RPGamer Staff risingsun's Avatar

Currents Special - RPGamer's 2012 Resolutions

We here at RPGamer can't think of a better way to start off the new year than by sharing our gaming resolutions with all of you. Look inside to see what gaming feats we want to accomplish this year. When you are done be sure to share your own with us in the comments.

-link
    Last edited by risingsun; 01-05-2012 at 11:55 AM.

New Member New Registered User
    My personal gaming resolution is to only pay full price for three games this year (Borderlands 2, Diablo III, and Bioshock: Infinite). Gaming is an expensive habit, especially if you need to play the newest games RIGHT NOW! So I'm going to cut back on new games, pick up the games that really interest me a few months down the line either from Gamefly (their used sales are incredible) or after they drop $30 in price, and work on my backlog. I might actually beat more than two games this year! Oh, who am I kidding, I'll probably beat two and like it.

Brian J. Blottie
    -I will also be more active in the forums, since I'm fiending for RPGs again, and this is the best source for finding some of the underground gems I might miss otherwise.

A Witness to Destruction Moderator DarkRPGMaster's Avatar
    My gaming resolution this year is to TRY to complete all the PS2 games in my backlog. The following are those games, along with an explanation of WHY they haven't been completed.

Shining Force EXA - I was at endgame when I got Devil Summoner 2 some odd years ago, and sadly I never picked it back up. So I'll probably have to start from scratch to get the story again...

Devil Summoner 2 - I got Persona 3 Portable while I was 3/4 of the way through this.

Front Mission 4 - Everytime I play this, I get a new game somehow, making it impossible to get past the 10th mission for me. Not to mention how it feels like a backstep from Front Mission 3. Might have to save this one for last.

Sands of Destruction - I ended up getting quite a few PS1 classics while I was playing this, but the story is still in my mind (luckily), so I will probably pick this one up again soon to beat.

Valkyria Chronicles 2 - I got more PS1 classics in the middle of playing this. Luckily this one's story was easy to get into, so I will have no problems getting back into it.

Eternal Poison - I got pissed off during Olifen's Tale while I was trying to collect all the Majin in a battle, as one of my characters would keep countering. May pick this one up after Sands of Destruction.

Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky - I had gotten Fate/Extra while in the middle of this, so this fell off my map.

As you can tell, the majority of games I stopped playing due to another game coming into my life. Games that are ports of games I have beaten before, and old games I have beaten before are not included in this list.

RPGamer Staff RPGamer Staff Wheels's Avatar
    My resolution for 2011 was to finish a renegade playthrough of ME 1&2 before 3 comes out, and thanks to the delay, I still have time!

I guess my new years resolution is also to finish ps2 games in my back log last year i bought bout twice as many old PS2 games than new games, and play my 360 more. Buy at least 2 mulit-platform games on the 360.
    Last edited by hoktomaster; 01-06-2012 at 04:21 PM.
    I wouldn't even bother to Eat that coz your already dead

My Youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/hoktoshinkenmaster
    My Livestream http://www.twitch.tv/hoktomaster

hmmm....I would like to finish Ar Tonelico 2 and 3, Digital Devil Saga 2, Like 7 PSP games and a handful of DS games....all while still buying all the new games I need to get this year. :| Gonna be a tough year.

1. Finally enter the current console generation. Should be getting a PS3 in either February or March. When that happens, I will have about five years worth of gaming to catch up on.

2. Complete all of the RPGs in my PS1 backlog. I've started on this at the end of last year. What I have left is Chrono Cross, Final Fantasy Tactics, Legend of Dragoon, Legend of Legaia, Wild ARMs 2, and Xenogears. 6 games... Seems like it could be doable. I used to be really bad about never finishing any of the games I owned. My PS2 backlog is much worse, but I would be happy to complete all these games.
    Currently Playing
    Suikoden Tactics, Tales of Phantasia

A Familiar Teacher Administrator Strawberry Eggs's Avatar
    I actually have a gaming resolution this year: To really start playing Western RPGs. Even if I don't have a PC that can play the recent ones and still lack consoles that can, there's always older ones. I've sort of started this one last year, but with GOG and this year's marathon, I can really begin.
    "Tiz, please. You're getting bumpkin all over my feral bikini woman fantasy. "

Have towel will travel Member shoptroll's Avatar
    My resolutions:

1) Beat more games than I buy

2) Start playing the pile of indie games that I've accumulated via Indie Bundles

3) Start catching up on Final Fantasy and Zelda
    So long & thanks for all the fish!

My resolution for 2012 is to finish my game Hacker Alice and find players that actually like its genre before the end of the world.

If I may quote from the original article...

>Becky "Ocelot" Cunningham:
    >This year I plan to take my support of small game publishers and localizers to the max. I'll be doing what I can to bring attention to excellent-looking titles that tend to get overlooked in the mainstream rush.

Indeed, indeed. Looking at the games slated for release this year, there's a few with have trillion dollar budgets and already established marketing and hype. An awful lot of the rest are relatively obscure.

The last commercial DS and PSP games are set for release. I'm looking for a bit of closure with those systems. And unless the Wii U gets pushed back to 2013, I think we can safely say this is the last year for Wii games that have any name recognition. Not too many other people are still paying attention to these "old" systems, but I'm watching carefully for software announcements.

More than any previous year, I'm looking forward to a few independent / small-press games, a few current fan projects... and not much else.

>Michael "Macstorm" Cunningham:
    >For 2012, I want to try my best to ignore the ever present hate and negativity that has pervaded into the gaming industry and simply try to enjoy games again.

Well said, sir. I concur.