Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: EA Reckons Cross-Promotion Will Have The Desired Effect

is not declawed RPGamer Staff Ocelot's Avatar

EA Reckons Cross-Promotion Will Have The Desired Effect

Sadly, dressing one's Reckoning character in Shepard armour will not magically cause her to be voice-acted by Jennifer Hale. Otherwise, this Reckoning/ME3 demo cross-promotion looks pretty cool.

Twitter: BeckyCFreelance

Have towel will travel Member shoptroll's Avatar
    At least this time you don't actually have to buy the game you want the loot from.
    So long & thanks for all the fish!

Quote Originally Posted by Fowl Sorcerous View Post
    i approve of demos giving me free stuff
    Also, no playing Facebook games of questionable quality for free loots.

So ill have to play a demo for a game i have no interest in I.E ME3, so i can get some stuff for a game i do want to play, I just hope that these items have some use and arn't just for cosmetic purposes.
    I wouldn't even bother to Eat that coz your already dead

My Youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/hoktoshinkenmaster
    My Livestream http://www.twitch.tv/hoktomaster

Quote Originally Posted by hoktomaster View Post
    So ill have to play a demo for a game i have no interest in I.E ME3, so i can get some stuff for a game i do want to play, I just hope that these items have some use and arn't just for cosmetic purposes.
    Waaahhh I have to put effort into free stuff waaaa! It better be high quality freebies waaa!

www.powerlinemag.com

"I remember back when FF9 was coming out. People were rejoicing because it was actually a fantasy game and not a sci-fi game like 7 and 8. It's especially hilarious given modern context, with everyone wanking themselves to dehydration at the thought of an FF7 remake." - Masterchief

well, this is an interesting thing to do. I'm not entirely sold on ME3 but would like the free stuff from playing its demo. Perhaps the demo might then convince me to buy ME3?

Quote Originally Posted by lolwhoops View Post
    well, this is an interesting thing to do. I'm not entirely sold on ME3 but would like the free stuff from playing its demo. Perhaps the demo might then convince me to buy ME3?
    Did you like the first two? If not, this is more of the same.

www.powerlinemag.com

"I remember back when FF9 was coming out. People were rejoicing because it was actually a fantasy game and not a sci-fi game like 7 and 8. It's especially hilarious given modern context, with everyone wanking themselves to dehydration at the thought of an FF7 remake." - Masterchief

Quote Originally Posted by Confessor Rahl View Post
    Did you like the first two? If not, this is more of the same.
    I'm more or less unsure of how RPG it will actually be. The demo will basically tell me whether I get it soon or wait for the inevitable 20 bucks price tag that I wait for when I'm unsure of a game.

Quote Originally Posted by lolwhoops View Post
    I'm more or less unsure of how RPG it will actually be. The demo will basically tell me whether I get it soon or wait for the inevitable 20 bucks price tag that I wait for when I'm unsure of a game.
    I'm willing to bet both demos don't provide proper slices of the game to really give anyone a reasonable impression.

The Reckoning demo says you start at the beginning and get 45 minutes of playtime. That will get you through the tutorial and out into the game's world. Not enough to give you a great feel, but enough to give you a good idea of what to expect.
    "The universe is already mad. Anything else would be redundant."
    Twitter @FinalMacstorm

Quote Originally Posted by Macstorm View Post
    The Reckoning demo says you start at the beginning and get 45 minutes of playtime. That will get you through the tutorial and out into the game's world. Not enough to give you a great feel, but enough to give you a good idea of what to expect.
    According to the press release, you get 45 minutes after you finish the tutorial and make it to the first town.

From the Well of Souls, you will venture into the Allestar Glade and meet Agarth the Fateweaver, a key character who will introduce you to the exciting, visceral combat of Reckoning. From this point, you will have 45 minutes to explore Allestar Glade, Gorhart Village, and Odarath, three areas within the rich, massive world of Amalur.You’ll also have the opportunity to embark on a variety of quests.

I vastly prefer something like this to retailer exclusives, which DO directly screw loyal customers. This is especially true with exclusive quests or story related stuff. Want all the items in the game? Well, you'd better preorder from Gamestop, Walmart, Best Buy, and Amazon! Bah...

Quote Originally Posted by Jitawa View Post
    I vastly prefer something like this to retailer exclusives, which DO directly screw loyal customers. This is especially true with exclusive quests or story related stuff. Want all the items in the game? Well, you'd better preorder from Gamestop, Walmart, Best Buy, and Amazon! Bah...
    Yeah, I actually instituted a policy in which we don't report retailer exclusives as news. It was starting to feel way too much like free advertising for stores that were participating in a practice that gamers almost unanimously dislike. This demo cross-promo, however, is available to everyone and is actually kinda cool, so it was all good.

Quote Originally Posted by Ocelot View Post
    Yeah, I actually instituted a policy in which we don't report retailer exclusives as news. It was starting to feel way too much like free advertising for stores that were participating in a practice that gamers almost unanimously dislike.
    I approve, although it seems like more publishers are eventually releasing the retailer exclusive stuff as paid DLC after release. Hopefully this trend continues, because permanently locking down content to specific retailers is really consumer unfriendly.

And from Curt Schilling's Twitter account: "Demo launches tomorrow, ALL PLATFORMS! Please download then stop by our forums and let us know what you think!"

All platforms tomorrow confirmed!

It is available for XBL Gold members now, not sure when silver will be available. PSN and PC will be later today. PSN usually updates in the evening EST.
    Twitter @FinalMacstorm

Don't Silver members get downloads a week or two after Gold?

So it seems...screw XBL. Downloading on PSN today, I guess. Was the FFXIII-2 XBL demo gold only? I downloaded it on PSN.
    Twitter @FinalMacstorm

Stoked about these demos. Especially ME3. Most anticipated game ever. No exaggeration there.

www.powerlinemag.com