Thread: Final Fantasy XIII-2 Launch Trailer and DLC News

is not declawed RPGamer Staff Ocelot's Avatar

Final Fantasy XIII-2 Launch Trailer and DLC News

Happy Final Fantasy XIII-2 day, North Americans. We've got a launch trailer for everyone, plus news that our readers can expect one final "Lightning strikes" joke in approximately a week.

[Story]

Twitter: BeckyCFreelance

is not declawed RPGamer Staff Ocelot's Avatar
    Story has been updated as the DLC has been officially confirmed for Feb. 7 in North America.

Twitter: BeckyCFreelance

I jsut hope they give us DLC for both the outfit and Omega at some point cause honestly it kidna sucks you have to pre-order to get one or the other. i hate this type of marketting honestly. Giving different DLC to different stores is a load of ********. Does it surprise me, no.
    I am bad and that is good, I will never be good and that's not bad, there's no one I'd rather be than me - Wreck-it-Ralph

27 years of gaming and still going strong
    and now a Proud if slightly annoyed Father :D

Have towel will travel Member shoptroll's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAnimeMan View Post
    I jsut hope they give us DLC for both the outfit and Omega at some point cause honestly it kidna sucks you have to pre-order to get one or the other. i hate this type of marketting honestly. Giving different DLC to different stores is a load of ********. Does it surprise me, no.
    For Human Revolution I believe both pre-order bonuses made it to the Steam store. Hoping that the same happens here, because that's a practice I really dislike.
    So long & thanks for all the fish!

They couldn't say anything before the launch since it would sway people away from those stores, so I don't see why S-E would throw money away by not releasing at some point.

I reserved mine after the DLC was shown, but before it was announced as a preorder bonus, so I will be a little miffed if they end up not doing it.

Now I just have to finish 13...

Question

Would that mean that even if you get Lightning in your part in DLC she'll then be treated as a 'monster' character? That would limit her to one battle role and force you to feed her those monster scooby snacks... o_O
    Last edited by pcaballe; 01-31-2012 at 01:25 PM. Reason: horrible grammar
    “Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen.”
    -Einstein

A Witness to Destruction Moderator DarkRPGMaster's Avatar
    I would hope that the other characters from FFXIII are also DLC "monsters", as that would fill out the roster of paradigms and give us the love of being able to use them again. Especially if they give them the ability to be a party leader in battle, so it's not game over if Noel and Serah go down (doubtful though).
    User Database Check
    Pages cleared: 98
    Users cleared: 2940
    Current Year: 2010
    Spammer-Banning Battle Theme: You Will Know Our Names
    Number of Spammers banned: At least 2000 at this point.

I am now about 3-4 hours into this game, and am enjoying the crap out of it. I second hoping a lot of npcs/previous characters end up as DLC monsters, as that would be pretty rad.

Quote Originally Posted by pcaballe View Post
    Would that mean that even if you get Lightning in your part in DLC she'll then be treated as a 'monster' character? That would limit her to one battle role and force you to feed her those monster scooby snacks... o_O
    You pretty much nailed it.
    "The universe is already mad. Anything else would be redundant."
    Twitter @FinalMacstorm

Quote Originally Posted by Macstorm View Post
    You pretty much nailed it.
    And this is a bad thing why?!!

www.powerlinemag.com

"I remember back when FF9 was coming out. People were rejoicing because it was actually a fantasy game and not a sci-fi game like 7 and 8. It's especially hilarious given modern context, with everyone wanking themselves to dehydration at the thought of an FF7 remake." - Masterchief

Quote Originally Posted by Confessor Rahl View Post
    And this is a bad thing why?!!
    I mean I guess its okay, I was just hoping for her to be more versatile, especially if it's a high cost DLC. I'm loving the game as well. The story is a little too cheesy sometimes though.
    “Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen.”
    -Einstein

dont know how true this is but i read on neogaf that lightning is a ravager and maxes out at level 13

I broke down and purchased it. I don't know what about this series has kept me playing since I haven't consistently enjoyed it since X, but here I am. I probably won't play it until I am done with ME1/2/3, but we'll see how it goes.

www.powerlinemag.com

"I remember back when FF9 was coming out. People were rejoicing because it was actually a fantasy game and not a sci-fi game like 7 and 8. It's especially hilarious given modern context, with everyone wanking themselves to dehydration at the thought of an FF7 remake." - Masterchief