Thread: Learn About Tragedy in Game of Thrones

Staff Healer RPGamer Staff TwinBahamut's Avatar

Learn About Tragedy in Game of Thrones

This trailer introduces the town of Riverspring and its ill-fated ruler, Lord Sarwyck. If those names are unfamiliar to you, don't worry. You're not alone at all.

[Link]

I am cautiously optimistic as I love the series and the books. Licensed games have a tumultuous history for me though.

www.powerlinemag.com

"I remember back when FF9 was coming out. People were rejoicing because it was actually a fantasy game and not a sci-fi game like 7 and 8. It's especially hilarious given modern context, with everyone wanking themselves to dehydration at the thought of an FF7 remake." - Masterchief

RPGamer Staff RPGamer Staff Wheels's Avatar
    Yeah I'm worried, but hopeful as far as this game goes. Love the series.

Is this a made up location? I don't remember riverspring or the one character named in the trailer. I didn't see any gameplay. Also, the town doesn't look like its suffering at all and I don't know what the narrator is referencing when he says, "they say that the daughter is the one who makes decisions since then, and you can see where that has led." There are just still poses of people in a seemingly peaceful town, with even more peaceful music. This trailer doesn't show even a hint of character in any person, doesn't make the town look tragic, or like it is suffering. I don't see where your character will be a part of this.

is not declawed RPGamer Staff Ocelot's Avatar
    Yes, the location is made up. Why, we don't know.

Twitter: BeckyCFreelance

Quote Originally Posted by Clops View Post
    Also, the town doesn't look like its suffering at all and I don't know what the narrator is referencing when he says, "they say that the daughter is the one who makes decisions since then, and you can see where that has led."
    This planet is reasonably well known for its inhabitants' exceptional discontent but beset by idle edible craftmen.

(Well if it's anything like "Elite" anyway)

Staff Healer RPGamer Staff TwinBahamut's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Clops View Post
    I don't see where your character will be a part of this.
    According to some stuff I've found, the main character will be part of this because he happens to be the son of the late lord whose departure seems to have triggered this whole mess. I suppose the game must start up around the time he finally comes home. Why the trailer doesn't explain even basic stuff like this, I have no idea.