Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Take Ten with Kingdom Hearts 3D

  1. #1
    is not declawed RPGamer Staff Ocelot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Toronto, ON
    Posts
    3,946

    Take Ten with Kingdom Hearts 3D

    The dialogue in this lengthy trailer is still in Japanese, but we suspect it has something to do with light and darkness. Is that a Fantasia segment we see? Please let there be hippos in tutus...

    Twitter: BeckyCFreelance

  2. #2
    Have towel will travel Member shoptroll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    8,416
    KH 10th anniversary? I smell a KH HD PS3 revamp looming over TGS along with a KH3 announcement.

    EDIT:

    Actual thoughts:

    1) Uncanny valley Jeff Bridges is weird looking in lower-resolution. Since they're going to keep incoporating live action movies, who do I bribe to get Roger Rabbit and uncanny valley Bob Hoskins in the next game?

    2) We now know how "drop" factors into the gameplay. So what's "distance"?

    3) Looks like there might be some sort of monster breeding / synthesis mechanic in the game with the friendly not-heartless you find. Possibly hooking into limit breaks or some similar mechanic.

    4) Very pleased to that this is a spin-off in the vein of Birth By Sleep instead of 358/2 and Coded. Nice idea putting out a special box with 3D and the 2 DS games though.

    5) September cannot get here soon enough.
    Last edited by shoptroll; 02-14-2012 at 11:51 AM.
    So long & thanks for all the fish!

  3. #3
    Pretty much...
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    California
    Posts
    406
    I really hope the reasoning behind why there is no new Hikki song is because they (Disney) are waiting to pay her fairly for the next actual/numerical installment...

  4. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    53
    Quote Originally Posted by VncentValntine View Post
    I really hope the reasoning behind why there is no new Hikki song is because they (Disney) are waiting to pay her fairly for the next actual/numerical installment...
    Didn't she quit music or something? Maybe it's time Squenix got some other bilingual JPop chick to record a theme song. Simple and Clean is almost ten years old at this point; they need to put that song out to pasture.

    As for the game itself, I'm really struggling to care at this point. It looks good, but I just don't think I can stomach another 40 hours of the KH formula anymore.
    Last edited by merr; 02-14-2012 at 10:44 PM.

  5. #5
    Pretty much...
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    California
    Posts
    406
    Quote Originally Posted by merr View Post
    Didn't she quit music or something? Maybe it's time Squenix got some other bilingual JPop chick to record a theme song. Simple and Clean is almost ten years old at this point; they need to put that song out to pasture.

    As for the game itself, I'm really struggling to care at this point. It looks good, but I just don't think I can stomach another 40 hours of the KH formula anymore.
    That's the main thing that also bothers me, it's been used for waay too long. Anyway, I seem to remember reading during an interview with her that Disney would pay her for writing one song, but since she almost rewrites the song for english, it's as if she's writing two songs for the price of one, which she feels is unfair and Disney could care less about.

  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    53
    Quote Originally Posted by VncentValntine View Post
    That's the main thing that also bothers me, it's been used for waay too long. Anyway, I seem to remember reading during an interview with her that Disney would pay her for writing one song, but since she almost rewrites the song for english, it's as if she's writing two songs for the price of one, which she feels is unfair and Disney could care less about.
    Yeah, but she's also the Britney Spears of Japan (if Britney wrote music... and could sort of sing... and wasn't totally insane). She gets a ridiculously over the top fee every time she writes a song, not to mention a huge chunk of the royalties. Yeah, they probably should've paid her 1.5x more because she wrote two sets of lyrics, but she still got a ton of money out of the deal. The woman was able to quit working at 29--clearly she could afford the 33% pay cut on two songs.

  7. #7
    Have towel will travel Member shoptroll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    8,416
    Quote Originally Posted by VncentValntine View Post
    I really hope the reasoning behind why there is no new Hikki song is because they (Disney) are waiting to pay her fairly for the next actual/numerical installment...
    Possibly, although the song used usually ties in with where in the chronology the installment is. BBS used Hikari/Simple and Clean since that was prior to KH1. Everything after KH2 uses Sanctuary. We'll probably hear a new song with KH3.
    So long & thanks for all the fish!

  8. #8
    A Witness to Destruction Moderator DarkRPGMaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Batesburg, South Carolina
    Posts
    4,543
    Quote Originally Posted by shoptroll View Post
    2) We now know how "drop" factors into the gameplay. So what's "distance"?
    I would assume it would be something covering everything up to this point in the series, in some odd way.
    User Database Check
    Pages cleared: 98
    Users cleared: 2940
    Current Year: 2010
    Spammer-Banning Battle Theme: You Will Know Our Names
    Number of Spammers banned: At least 2000 at this point.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •