Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: XSEED Tells The Last Story

XSEED Tells The Last Story

What do Sakaguchi, Uematsu, and XSEED Games have in common? All three are a part of The Last Story's American release later this year.

Story Details
    "The universe is already mad. Anything else would be redundant."
    Twitter @FinalMacstorm

And I was JUST ABOUT to import the LE. Now I'm glad I didn't.

I've been trying to suggest people wait to import, but alas for those who did not heed my words. You'll get your game sooner, at least.
    Twitter @FinalMacstorm

Well, thank god someone's going to release this game. Thank you XSeed, looking forward to the release.

Awesome! I was starting to lose hope in JRPGs on home consoles in the U.S., but this announcement and the Xenoblade announcement have restored some optimism to me.
    Final Night

Currently Playing: Persona 4 Golden

twitter.com/final_night

Have towel will travel Member shoptroll's Avatar
    Wooo. This is shaping up to be a fine year for JRPGs.
    So long & thanks for all the fish!

Undeniably stoked for this game. Thank you, XSEED.

If there's a limited edition of this game, for once I think I will leap for it.
    A critic is someone who stands on the mountaintop high above to watch a battle, and then comes down to shoot the survivors.
    -Hemingway

RPGamer Staff RPGamer Staff Wheels's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Macstorm View Post
    I've been trying to suggest people wait to import, but alas for those who did not heed my words. You'll get your game sooner, at least.
    Well there should still be time to cancel your pre-order it doesn't come out unt...SHIPPED ALREADY??!?!? Well at least I'll be getting that shiny Steelbook case I wanted.

Mwahahahha! I knew it. Now it's just Pandora's Tower. I doubt it, but these two were "most definitely not happening."

www.powerlinemag.com

"I remember back when FF9 was coming out. People were rejoicing because it was actually a fantasy game and not a sci-fi game like 7 and 8. It's especially hilarious given modern context, with everyone wanking themselves to dehydration at the thought of an FF7 remake." - Masterchief

is not declawed RPGamer Staff Ocelot's Avatar
    I like how Reggie now has to pretend he supports these games.

Twitter: BeckyCFreelance

Certified Polygameist RPGamer Staff jcservant's Avatar
    Despite my purchasing rules (Which dictate I wait 6-12 months to buy games when they are usually 1/2 price), I'm very tempted to buy this and Xeno brand new to do my part to send a message to Nintendo and others that they need to do more to bring this stuff over.

Quote Originally Posted by jcservant View Post
    Despite my purchasing rules (Which dictate I wait 6-12 months to buy games when they are usually 1/2 price), I'm very tempted to buy this and Xeno brand new to do my part to send a message to Nintendo and others that they need to do more to bring this stuff over.
    Both buying games you do support at full price AND not paying full price for things you don't deem worthy are truly the best way to speak with your money.
    Twitter @FinalMacstorm

Yeah...I'm not normally big into the whole 'buying things when they first come out to vote with my $$' because it's a very expensive way to get my message across, hahahaha. However, along with many others, I have really been hoping these games come stateside, and was disappointed when Big N said they would not. Now that they are, I feel it's a fair thing to do since I was one of those who asked for those to be brought over. There's been (IMHO) a lacking of good JRPGs on the consoles (especially Wii). They need to know that people still like these games (Even if I am, generally speaking, not the biggest JRPG fan myself).

That Guy You Hate RPGamer Staff omegabyte's Avatar
    Well, gotta say, that was the last thing I expected XSEED's announcement today to be. Good show
    "It's okay to fail as long as you learn that you failed!" - Neptune, Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory
    Follow me on Twitter
    Read my serialized, comedy-fantasy web novel, The Almanac of All Things - http://www.thealmanac.ca - Read All of Part One Now!

News Director/Reviewer RPGamer Staff Severin Mira's Avatar
    Bah, now my intention of constantly tweeting as I play through it starting Friday will cause less jealously! But seriously, this is good to see, for both XSEED and RPGs in general.
    "My doctor says that I have a malformed public-duty gland and a natural deficiency in moral fibre and that I am therefore excused from saving universes."
    Twitter: severinmira | Xbox Live: Severin Mira | PSN: severinmira (EU), severin-US (US) | NNID: severinmira | Skype: severinmk
    Final Fantasy XIV: Sevirain Kristinger (Leviathan)

I have one question though... How do you Pre-order games online? It doesn't appear you can pay in installments like you can in stores so like, let's say you wanted to buy something from Nintendo or XSEED directly. How would you Pre-order from them? Do you have to pay the whole amount outright or can you pay in installments? I HAVE to get Xenosaga AND The Last Story and I WILL NOT go through GameStop anymore to get them.

That Guy You Hate RPGamer Staff omegabyte's Avatar
    So, the question now is... if this is what their big announcement today was, what's the deal with this Steam Partners thing that showed up yesterday as well? Obviously it's not this... I think they might still have something else up their sleeve in the near future.
    "It's okay to fail as long as you learn that you failed!" - Neptune, Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory
    Follow me on Twitter
    Read my serialized, comedy-fantasy web novel, The Almanac of All Things - http://www.thealmanac.ca - Read All of Part One Now!

Normally, I pre order on something like Amazon or (in this case, since they are the only ones who seem to have it) EBGames: http://www.ebgames.com/wii/games/xen...ronicles/98535 . They usually charge me the full price at the time they ship it. I don't have to make payment before (though if you reserve it at the store, they may ask you to put $5 down)

Quote Originally Posted by reionpremente View Post
    I have one question though... How do you Pre-order games online? It doesn't appear you can pay in installments like you can in stores so like, let's say you wanted to buy something from Nintendo or XSEED directly. How would you Pre-order from them? Do you have to pay the whole amount outright or can you pay in installments? I HAVE to get Xenosaga AND The Last Story and I WILL NOT go through GameStop anymore to get them.
    typically online pre-orders are done with a credit card and you only get charged when the game ships. I believe you could use Visa gift cards too, if you don't have a credit card yourself. But yeah, you pay the full amount right when they process the order to ship it; not a dime until release date.

Also, I'm already pestering the facebook page for a limited edition. Go go gadget internet pressure!

Quote Originally Posted by reionpremente View Post
    You are typically required to provide payment information up front, but you will not be charged until the game actually ships and is on its way to you. It is actually against the Visa & MasterCard merchant agreements for merchants to charge the full price of an item before they ship it; doing so can get them into big trouble. I buy most of my games from Amazon nowadays, although due to Nintendo's agreement with GameStop, the only places you will be able to get Xenoblade are from GameStop or Nintendo's online store.

With regards to the Steam thing, basically, XSEED's name has shown up in a file that lists publishers who use Steam. Right now that doesn't do much for us, but it's a strong hint that we can expect them to release something on Steam in the future. Any of Falcom's PC games are possible candidates, but Trails in the Sky seems the most likely.
    Last edited by Minneyar; 02-22-2012 at 12:54 PM.