Thread: Borderlands 2 Heavy Drops in September

is not declawed RPGamer Staff Ocelot's Avatar

Borderlands 2 Heavy Drops in September

Borderlands 2 is looking prettier, more varied, and full-of-gunsier than the first game. Check out this release date trailer, but be sure to press mute first if allergic to Dubstep.

Twitter: BeckyCFreelance

Have towel will travel Moderator shoptroll's Avatar
    Wub wub wub wub
    So long & thanks for all the fish!

I for one will be calling in sick to work that day.
    Tell me though, if anyone can, is "0" the new Hunter?

Quote Originally Posted by Angelonight View Post
    I believe so. The silhouette is similar to Malakai although it looks closer to MNC's Assassin class or the Crimson Lance's Assassins from the Knoxx DLC.

I think they're using "new" classes in this game, but so far the designs are pretty close to the original 4, so I wonder how much different they're really going to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Angelonight View Post
    If you check out IGN's Rewind theater of this trailer, one of the guys must have talked in depth about the classes with Gearbox because he seems to know a lot about how they are going to develop as far as skills are concerned. In the video he does confirm that the assassin is the new 'Mordecai' in a sense since hes going to be the one most adept with sniper rifles and his skills will center around his sword, if i remember correctly. He also explains how the new Siren powers work and how Axton's turret (isnt he beautiful? i wanna play with somebody that uses him just so I can stare at him.) differs from the Soldier's turret in the first game.

heres a link http://www.ign.com/videos/2012/02/22...omsday-trailer
    “Never forget what you are, for surely the world will not. Make it your strength. Then it can never be your weakness. Armor yourself in it and it will never be used to hurt you.” - Tyrion Lannister

This video cannot be displayed in your country....

How I love our countrys overprotective music licensing and piracy fighting agency GEMA.....also pretty ridicolus to block official videos (where I am pretty sure the rights to the music were purchased / royalities were paid)

Anyways was hoping BL2 will be released later...preferably AFTER I finished BL1 and AFTER a release of Aliens:Colonial Marines....come on Gearbox I really like BL and got everyone and his mother to buy it to have a go at its awesome coop-mode but why do you first release that *censored* Nuke desaster and now delay A:CM further with BL2? T_T

I want to shoot some (real) Aliens first!

Whoever put that trailer together did a good job of making me want to give them my money.

i can post! thanx paws! Maudren's Avatar
    lol best trailer for an rpg i've ever seen. clap trap dancing kills me everytime, and i've watched the trailer at least 10 times.

GM,DM,PC,NPC,1P,2P & TG TG Barighm's Avatar
    I think they're using "new" classes in this game, but so far the designs are pretty close to the original 4, so I wonder how much different they're really going to be.
    They will probably make up the differences with talents.

I was under the impression there would be 5 classes in this game. One of them being the melee class, the three we know, plus 1 brand new class (a ninja). I think I remember them saying they were going to add 1 brand new class to the existing classes. Ah, well. Doesn't matter much. Bloodwing was useful but I imagine it was a headache making him work right.

I'm pumped either way. It's the first game I bought at full price in ages and I didn't regret the cost one bit.

PC version is officially using Steamworks for anyone else who is planning on playing on the PC.