Thread: Disgaea 4 DLC Dated

is not declawed RPGamer Staff Ocelot's Avatar

Disgaea 4 DLC Dated

There's more Disgaea 4 DLC than you can toss a Prinny at, and now we can find out when it will all be released. Can Fuka and Desco score a home run as the main characters of their own adventure? Find out in the included trailer.

[Boom!]
    Last edited by Ocelot; 02-24-2012 at 11:15 AM.

Twitter: BeckyCFreelance

$115 worth of DLC. NIS has lost its mind.

No. As a company that's what you'd say if they decided NOT to bring that much of it over.
    <span style=\'color:#009966\'>I miss my old prettiful sig.</span>

I'm referring to NIS Japan, not NIS America. I can't fault NISA for bringing it over. I can fault NIS for holding back that much content and charging over twice the price of the original game.

What about paying for an MMO like WoW, then playing a monthly subscription on top of that to continue experiencing the same content? I'd much rather buy extensions to my game a la carte for a one time fee.

Disgaea 4 isn't one of those games that feels like it was stripped of important content for sake of essentially raising the price of the base game.

The extra characters are purely extra. The game is packed with so many characters already one hardly knows what to do with them all. There reason there are some any DLC characters is so you can buy your favorite. you don't have to buy the rest.

The Fuka and Desco Show is a legitimate semi sequel for $20. Do you have any idea how many games over the years could have ad such a thing added?

Then there's the item world challenge mode which was designed at add additional challenge for players who've done everything and are still looking for a challenge.

Compared to games that make you pay extra to see the real ending, or have characters fake join your party until you pay to be able to use them in battle, I'd say Disgaea 4's DLC is legit as it gets.
    <span style=\'color:#009966\'>I miss my old prettiful sig.</span>

is not declawed RPGamer Staff Ocelot's Avatar
    Yeah, you're really not meant to buy all the DLC for Disgaea 4. Is it priced a bit higher than I'd ideally like? Yes. Do I feel deprived by not buying it? Hell no. Do you know how many hours you can sink into this game in its original form?

Twitter: BeckyCFreelance

That is some nutty pricing though. No way around that.

www.powerlinemag.com

"I remember back when FF9 was coming out. People were rejoicing because it was actually a fantasy game and not a sci-fi game like 7 and 8. It's especially hilarious given modern context, with everyone wanking themselves to dehydration at the thought of an FF7 remake." - Masterchief