Thread: Hitchhiker's Guide to Dark Souls Now on PSN

Staff Girly Girl RPGamer Staff Nyx's Avatar

Hitchhiker's Guide to Dark Souls Now on PSN

Those who are hardcore at Dark Souls need not apply, but for those who may be having some trouble, this might be the savior you need. This type of help comes at a price, but it might be worth paying if it means you stop dying repeatedly.

Story

RPGamer Staff RPGamer Staff 7thCircle's Avatar
    How about a PSN download that makes the final boss easier? I'm kinda stuck there now, and the cheese strategies I've read online aren't working for me.
    The lesson here is that dreams inevitably lead to hideous implosions.

Quote Originally Posted by 7thCircle View Post
    How about a PSN download that makes the final boss easier? I'm kinda stuck there now, and the cheese strategies I've read online aren't working for me.
    Parry!

And don't use lightning weapons, he has the highest lightning resist in the entire game.

First time I did Gwyn I used the Havel+Dragon Greatsword+Iron Flesh combo, now I just summon people to help me

Also if the digital guide is the same as the physical copy its mainly useless as after the latest patch some of the weapon data has changed Plus there are many guides on the internet such as http://darksoulswiki.wikispaces.com/ or videos on you tube suck as the Epicnamebro ones or the Rurikain ones for TGN
    Last edited by hoktomaster; 03-01-2012 at 01:31 PM.
    I wouldn't even bother to Eat that coz your already dead

My Youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/hoktoshinkenmaster
    My Livestream http://www.twitch.tv/hoktomaster

RPGamer Staff RPGamer Staff Wheels's Avatar
    Use havel's shield, or a shield with equally high stability, and block...a lot. Learn his combos and known when you can get a hit in. You'll have to watch your life, since some damage will still come through, but if your careful you can easily take him down this way. The key is just figuring out when you can hit him, and when you need to back away to avoid his grab attack.

Only experience will stop you form dying repeatedly.
    <span style=\'color:#009966\'>I miss my old prettiful sig.</span>

This type of help comes at a price, but it might be worth paying if it means you stop dying repeatedly.
    Getting through the game dying repeatedly is like the entire point, so why would you want this guide? Just seems a bit contradictable to me, it's just not the game you want any help with - if you do, I think you're playing the wrong game.

What made Dark Souls so amazing the first time around (and not so fun the second time around where you bashed your way through everything on the first attempt) was the sense of great accomplishment every time you overcame an obstacle. With that gone, the game can easily feel quite empty.
    Lasciate ogni speranza, voi ch'entrate.