Thread: No Diablo III PvP at Launch

- Fancy Title - RPGamer Staff risingsun's Avatar

No Diablo III PvP at Launch

Diablo III is inching itself ever closer to launch. To speed that process along, PvP is taking a backseat to the campaign. Check inside to find out why.

-Link
    Last edited by risingsun; 03-12-2012 at 08:33 AM.

my response: no big deal. Diablo was all about co-op and getting and selling loot anyway so as long as I can do that I'm happy. PVP...well they'll patch it later I guess...
    FFXI Character name: Shadowneko Server: Quetzalcoatl Main Jobs: lvl 76 THF, lvl 95 Summoner, lvl 39 Dragoon

My VAPS Entry,

I lucked out. My job recently handed me a pretty newer Laptop to do work on, but I use it for whatever. I finally have something that can play this gen PC games after years of being unable to. Diablo III, you are no longer a pipe dream. Just gotta buy a cooling pad, cause this bad boy heats up like crazy.

As for the news, I'd rather they handed us the game as possible, so I'm sure I can live with no PvP. Never really did much of it in D2 anyway.

Here's hoping they fix the menu issue Starcraft II had, wherein the menus had no fixed framerate and would continue to load memory or something like that. Had to manually set a fixed framerate in a Variable file.
    A critic is someone who stands on the mountaintop high above to watch a battle, and then comes down to shoot the survivors.
    -Hemingway

It's a good move, indeed. PvP is going to play a much bigger role in D3 than in any previous installment - so the choice of leaving it to be further developed while not delaying the PvE/Co-op is much appreciated.

Beta is getting boring, I hope the mid-april rumor is somewhat accurate.
    Lasciate ogni speranza, voi ch'entrate.

Same here Solon, after the beta I"m like GIMME MORE NAOW

New Member Member
    as long as i don't have to pay for it again. i.e. DLC.

RPGamer Staff RPGamer Staff
    I'm just glad that people will no longer be able to go hostile on you during regular games, should you be playing with strangers, that is.