Thread: RPG Backtrack: Episode 67- I Know Kung Fu

Code: Kirin RPGamer Staff JuMeSyn's Avatar

RPG Backtrack: Episode 67- I Know Kung Fu

Bringing the story of Ryo Hazuki into existence cost many millions and failed to enchant the enormous audience needed to recoup them. The question of whether this story will continue has yet to be answered.
    Looking for sailors, huh?
    It's not what he's eating, but what's eating him that makes it ... sort of interesting.

Sorry guys, switched off and deleted after around 20 minutes. This was painful to listen to. Listening to several people rip into a game (without really being constructive with those criticisms) isn't what I want to spend my spare time doing.

Dread News Editor RPGamer Staff Fowl Sorcerous's Avatar
    aww, but we almost get constructive at the 45 minute mark. then i rip into kingdom hearts some more.

RPGamer Staff RPGamer Staff Wheels's Avatar
    I'd say we were constructive. I think we effectively described how boring this $70 million disaster of a project was .

Certified Polygameist RPGamer Staff jcservant's Avatar
    And if you get past the hour mark or so, we talk about some games that had smaller budgets, but were a lot more fun!

Angel-Possessed Priestess Administrator Strawberry Eggs's Avatar
    I said it before, but I'll say it again. A number of Shenmue's English voice actors also worked on Baten Kaitos: Eternal Wings and the Lost Ocean and Castlevania: Symphony of the Night.

As for Shin Megami Tensei: Strange Journey, there are some strong four letters words (even some Spanish ones, courtesy of Jimenez). Mostly though, I think the M rating stand for Mara and Mishaguji, which are indeed phallic demons.
    "Tiz, please. You're getting bumpkin all over my feral bikini woman fantasy. "

I was disappointed you didn't bring on anyone that enjoyed Shenmue to defend it from your criticism. Its more fun if you guys argue with each other instead of all just tear it apart together. Maybe I'll call in before your next show and explain to you why you are all wrong

Staff Girly Girl RPGamer Staff Nyx's Avatar
    Can someone actually explain why Shenmue is good? Truthfully, I played a bit of II on the Xbox and I was bored to tears. I think the grand scope of the premise and the games sounds amazing, but based on what I heard in this podcast, I think there are plenty of aspects in the gameplay that would grate on me.