Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: XSEED Lets Off Some Steam

XSEED Lets Off Some Steam

XSEED Games is bringing some Falcom love to Steam, and it's happening very soon. Time to set that PSP aside for a bit and pick up the keyboard and mouse.

Story
    Ys: The Oath in Felghana Screens
    Ys Origin Screens
    "The universe is already mad. Anything else would be redundant."
    Twitter @FinalMacstorm

Jeebus, first the Wasteland 2 announcement and now this. I wish I had the energy for the happy happy joy joy dance.

I've been wanting an English version of Ys Origin for, like, forever.

RPGamer Staff RPGamer Staff Wheels's Avatar
    I've imported both, will be happy to purchase digital versions. This is fantastic news! I'm hoping they'll find a large audience.

Great news!

It makes me wonder if we'll see more Falcom releases on Steam?

Have towel will travel Moderator shoptroll's Avatar
    Well I think Carpe Fulgar and Zeboyd are properly vindicated at this point

Quote Originally Posted by Lassic View Post
    There's been a rumor floating around about XSeed localizing the PC versions of the rest of the Trails in the Sky trilogy due to some technical issues and recent problems with getting PSP games on retail shelves.
    So long & thanks for all the fish!

Quote Originally Posted by Lassic View Post
    Great news!

There is a quote in the press release that states this. "People have been asking for Falcom’s great catalog of PC games to be officially made available in English for a long time,” said Jun Iwasaki, President of XSEED Games. “To start our new publishing arrangement on Steam with two standout entries from Falcom’s action-based Ys series, one of which has never been made available in English before, is an ideal situation for us, and we are excited about the future possibilities."
    "The universe is already mad. Anything else would be redundant."
    Twitter @FinalMacstorm

Have towel will travel Moderator shoptroll's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Macstorm View Post
    There is a quote in the press release that states this. "People have been asking for Falcom’s great catalog of PC games to be officially made available in English for a long time,” said Jun Iwasaki, President of XSEED Games. “To start our new publishing arrangement on Steam with two standout entries from Falcom’s action-based Ys series, one of which has never been made available in English before, is an ideal situation for us, and we are excited about the future possibilities."
    Just to add to this, Edmund McMillen (part of Team Meat) previously that once you get a game on Steam it's pretty easy to get more of your games on the service.
    So long & thanks for all the fish!

Ys Origins, woooo!!!! I'm well excited for that!
    Check out my fledgling youtube channel. It's small now, but if I get more subscribers I will start doing more with it, so stay tuned!

http://www.youtube.com/user/HellDest...7?feature=mhee

A Witness to Destruction Moderator DarkRPGMaster's Avatar
    I AM PLEASED...again. Now give me a NA release date for Fate/Stay Night's PC "PG" version, and you will have all my money.
    User Database Check
    Pages cleared: 98
    Users cleared: 2940
    Current Year: 2010
    Spammer-Banning Battle Theme: You Will Know Our Names
    Number of Spammers banned: At least 2000 at this point.

I didn't learn anything! MasterChief's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkRPGMaster View Post
    I AM PLEASED...again. Now give me a NA release date for Fate/Stay Night's PC "PG" version, and you will have all my money.
    You can get the not-PG version in America? Where? *Looks around*

"What the f--- is a Shakespeare?"
    -Rico Valasquez, showing off why no one likes him.

A Witness to Destruction Moderator DarkRPGMaster's Avatar
    I doubt the not-PG version would ever hit the shores of NA, so I figure get the one devoid of the H material in the states, and watch dem sales.
    User Database Check
    Pages cleared: 98
    Users cleared: 2940
    Current Year: 2010
    Spammer-Banning Battle Theme: You Will Know Our Names
    Number of Spammers banned: At least 2000 at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by shoptroll View Post
    There's been a rumor floating around about XSeed localizing the PC versions of the rest of the Trails in the Sky trilogy due to some technical issues and recent problems with getting PSP games on retail shelves.
    I hope this happens. They've already started translating the second game, and Steam seems like a much more viable platform at this time than the PSP or even Vita.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkRPGMaster View Post
    I doubt the not-PG version would ever hit the shores of NA, so I figure get the one devoid of the H material in the states, and watch dem sales.
    Who knows with MagnaGamer and Peter Paine but their stuff is mostly specialty. Now to get back to the subject here this is really good news as more JP RPGs getting to America(espc. the really good TS seres I've heard of) is always a good thing.
    FFXI Character name: Shadowneko Server: Quetzalcoatl Main Jobs: lvl 76 THF, lvl 95 Summoner, lvl 39 Dragoon

My VAPS Entry,

Banned Banned
    From what Ive read on xseed forums this only applies to the Ys games

Tom is still pushing very hard for psp releases of the next legend of heroes games and so far that is what they are localizing, the psp versions
    Last edited by Macstorm; 03-14-2012 at 07:01 AM. Reason: Picky mod edit to change Y's to Ys

I was excited about this until I read it'll be published on Steam. Since I won't touch Steam with a ten AU pole, I'll have to pass up on these releases. At least I can console myself with the original releases I imported from Japan. They might not be in English, but at least they don't require an internet connection or invasive DRM loaded software to run.

Please help my city grow. Estharopolis - Population | Industry | Transportation | Security | Environment | Business

Quote Originally Posted by VampiricDragon View Post
    From what Ive read on xseed forums this only applies to the Ys games
    Yeah, if these Ys games do as well on Steam as many of us think they can, that could change quickly.

Banned Banned
    anything is possible sure. But if there psn sales are any indicator, I think people should relax.

Quote Originally Posted by VampiricDragon View Post
    anything is possible sure. But if there psn sales are any indicator, I think people should relax.
    I don't think their psn sales are any indicator in the slightest of how these games will do on steam.

I am definitely in for Ys Origin. Might even get Felghana even though i have it on PSP.

How soon is very soon? The upcoming games list on Steam shows nothing of these games.
    Vanillaware’s 2D is, once again, shaming their competitor’s 3D. It’s like, what are you even doing with your extra D, jerks? Maybe we should hold that extra D in reserve for you, like a trust, until you are ready. - Tycho, Penny Arcade