Thread: Eternal Punishment Takes On a Portable Form

News Director/Reviewer RPGamer Staff Severin Mira's Avatar

Eternal Punishment Takes On a Portable Form

Those in Japan will be able experience Eternal Punishment on the move soon, as part two of the Persona 2 duology heads for PSPs. Atlus has provided a few screenshots and a trailer to give players a hint at what they're in for.

[ Story ]
    Last edited by Severin Mira; 03-13-2012 at 02:11 PM.
    "My doctor says that I have a malformed public-duty gland and a natural deficiency in moral fibre and that I am therefore excused from saving universes."
    Twitter: severinmira | Xbox Live: Severin Mira | PSN: severinmira (EU), severin-US (US) | NNID: severinmira | Skype: severinmk
    Final Fantasy XIV: Sevirain Kristinger (Leviathan)

Have towel will travel Member shoptroll's Avatar
    Great day for JRPGS

Maybe this time I'll actually remember to pre-order if it gets a NA release.
    So long & thanks for all the fish!

A Witness to Destruction Moderator DarkRPGMaster's Avatar
    I am pleased. Also, does the cover of the soundtrack CD make "Dream of Butterfly" pop into anybody else's head, or is it just me?
    User Database Check
    Pages cleared: 98
    Users cleared: 2940
    Current Year: 2010
    Spammer-Banning Battle Theme: You Will Know Our Names
    Number of Spammers banned: At least 2000 at this point.

I still have my PS1 copy, but I'll probably pick this one up too if/when it comes over here. It will fill out my P1, P2IS, P2EP set.

I didn't learn anything! MasterChief's Avatar
    You know, I'm probably going to catch a lot of crap for this, but at this point, why not just put both the games on a Vita cart for Western release? PSP's got a fork in it, it is DONE.

"What the f--- is a Shakespeare?"
    -Rico Valasquez, showing off why no one likes him.

A Witness to Destruction Moderator DarkRPGMaster's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterChief View Post
    You know, I'm probably going to catch a lot of crap for this, but at this point, why not just put both the games on a Vita cart for Western release? PSP's got a fork in it, it is DONE.
    Because more people have a PSP than a Vita in both the east AND west? /logic
    User Database Check
    Pages cleared: 98
    Users cleared: 2940
    Current Year: 2010
    Spammer-Banning Battle Theme: You Will Know Our Names
    Number of Spammers banned: At least 2000 at this point.

Banned Banned
    the psp is more than thriving in japan, and thats really the only consideration for new game dev

Certified Polygameist RPGamer Staff jcservant's Avatar
    Indeed...PSP has the larger install base, and it's generally cheaper to develop for. Nintendo, appearently, is following a similar logic with Pokemon White/Black 2. With Pokemon, I feel it's more of a missed opportunity to really push the 3ds....but with this game. Well, it's an older title anyway. I doubt P2 would push a lot of Vitas out the door.

Similar to the PS2, we're seeing a lot of great JRPGs in the PSP's twilight years.

Banned Banned
    I dont think the pokemon thing was a missed opportunity because game freak is always slow to move to new platforms

After the ds launched gamefreak put no less than 3 titles on the gba..........

Definitely going to pick this one up...it will look awfully nice on the shelf to have the entire Persona collection on PSP...well, save 4, anyway.

Certified Polygameist RPGamer Staff jcservant's Avatar
    It's just a missed opportunity for Nintendo to have a 'system seller' on the shelves. Their loss! LOL.

Yeah, I'm happy that I have the whole P collection now....though I still have to reach for the BC PS3 to play P4. Woot!

Quote Originally Posted by King Jowy XXII View Post
    Definitely going to pick this one up...it will look awfully nice on the shelf to have the entire Persona collection on PSP...well, save 4, anyway.
    I'd be pretty crushed if Golden didn't make it, though I guess it's not technically PSP~

Banned Banned
    This is my feeling.

Atlus usa always announces 2-3 games for localization at E3 right?

Does etrian IV, persona 4 golden, persona EP sound that strange?

I didn't learn anything! MasterChief's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkRPGMaster View Post
    Because more people have a PSP than a Vita in both the east AND west? /logic
    Well, people in the West seem disinterested in PSP games... Or perhaps I should say in buying them. This just screams "Japan-only," at least for now... Which would be ironic, since on the PS1 it was Innocent Sin we didn't get...

Though this has me wondering how long it'll be before we start seeing PSP collections on the Vita. Yes, I know there are games you can get there digitally, but if the PS2 collections on PS3 are any indication, there's going to be a market for that.

"What the f--- is a Shakespeare?"
    -Rico Valasquez, showing off why no one likes him.

Banned Banned
    you would be surpised how well US psp games make profit

Yes and no. Perhaps more important is the intangible benefits -- namely, goodwill publishers get for putting out damn near any game on it, because everyone thinks the system is a black hole. But this is all déjà vu. Persona 4 would never come out here because the PS2 was totally dead, amirite?

Quote Originally Posted by VampiricDragon View Post
    I dont think the pokemon thing was a missed opportunity because game freak is always slow to move to new platforms

After the ds launched gamefreak put no less than 3 titles on the gba..........
    Actually, it was one (Drill Dozer) and a localization of a 3rd version which came out in Japan before the DS did (Pokemon Emerald).
    "The flowers all over its body burst into bloom if it is lovingly hugged and senses gratitude."
    Twitter | A gaming podcast by grownups

Banned Banned
    alright so it was 2 things