Thread: Get Ready to Rumble with Tales of Graces F Launch Trailer

is not declawed RPGamer Staff Ocelot's Avatar

Get Ready to Rumble with Tales of Graces F Launch Trailer

We at RPGamer don't expect to see our Q&A host, Wheels, for a week or two. Find out why in this launch trailer for Tales of Graces F.

RPGamer's Very Special Tales Thread Rule: Please keep discussion focused on Tales of Graces F. It just came out, we don't want to know which other games in the series you want localized yet.

Twitter: BeckyCFreelance

RPGamer Staff RPGamer Staff Wheels's Avatar
    Hey, I do have to break to like eat and stuff!

A Familiar Teacher Administrator Strawberry Eggs's Avatar
    Guess I could have waited another week to send in the Devil Children summary letter.
    "Tiz, please. You're getting bumpkin all over my feral bikini woman fantasy. "

Quote Originally Posted by Strawberry Eggs View Post
    Guess I could have waited another week to send in the Devil Children summary letter.
    no no, Nothing stops Q&A (other than vacation)!

Can't wait to see how the localization team handled "震天裂空斬光旋風滅砕神罰割殺撃"

befriend (v.): to use mecha-class beam weaponry to inflict grievous bodily harm on a target in the process of proving the validity of your belief system.

has anyone played this yet? it got kind of crappy reviews (not BAD but just not GREAT) but I'm dying to play a good Tales game since Vesparia. I think I might pick it up anyway but just wondering...
    Now Playing: Final Fantasy 13-2, Xenosaga 2, Wild Arms 2, Zelda Twilight Princess

Quote Originally Posted by AverageJoe View Post
    has anyone played this yet? it got kind of crappy reviews (not BAD but just not GREAT) but I'm dying to play a good Tales game since Vesparia. I think I might pick it up anyway but just wondering...
    Are you really expecting mainstream reviews to heap this game with praise?

Played for about 5 hours last night, enjoying it so far. There's a certain voice actor that I dislike who voices some characters, but it's not enough to be a problem for me. Combat feels good but is a bit odd at first. I really like the title system, it's a neat way of doing character customization. If it weren't for me agreeing to play through it with a friend, I'd probably be playing it solo right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Quin View Post
    Can't wait to see how the localization team handled "震天裂空斬光旋風滅砕神罰割殺撃"
    It's a bunch of kanji that sounds like an attack. quake-heaven-split-sky-kill-light-whirlwind-etc... (that's only half of it)
    No, I can't read it.

Quote Originally Posted by flamethrower View Post
    It's a bunch of kanji that sounds like an attack.
    Shinten Rekkuu Zankou Senpuu Messai Shinbatsu Kassatsugeki, Malik's Accel Mode Blast Caliber obtained during the Future Arc.

befriend (v.): to use mecha-class beam weaponry to inflict grievous bodily harm on a target in the process of proving the validity of your belief system.

Banned Banned
    I have played it.........

since when is an 8 and an 8.4 crappy?

The most in-depth reviews are quite positive. The negative reviews look like "lol anime" complaints. In other words, if you're a fan of the Tales series or JRPGs in general, you're likely to agree more with the positive reviews than the negative ones.

A Witness to Destruction Moderator DarkRPGMaster's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ocelot View Post
    The most in-depth reviews are quite positive. The negative reviews look like "lol anime" complaints. In other words, if you're a fan of the Tales series or JRPGs in general, you're likely to agree more with the positive reviews than the negative ones.
    So in other words, the negative reviews are all just BS like usual.
    User Database Check
    Pages cleared: 98
    Users cleared: 2940
    Current Year: 2010
    Spammer-Banning Battle Theme: You Will Know Our Names
    Number of Spammers banned: At least 2000 at this point.

And the positive ones do a good job outlining the game's weaknesses, so it's not like they're pure fangasms.

As far as the review thing, why on earth would anyone read a review for a JRPG anywhere but a specialty site like here? Even if an RPGamer reviewer has opinions that I disagree with, they know what they are talking about, and I can see what they disliked, but I may not. More mainstream sites though, that's just so much fail. (for JRPGs at least)
    Check out my fledgling youtube channel. It's small now, but if I get more subscribers I will start doing more with it, so stay tuned!

http://www.youtube.com/user/HellDest...7?feature=mhee

Well, I do have it on good authority that that particular GamesRadar reviewer is a JRPG expert as well.

What? You don't think game informer mag provides great rpg reviews? (please note the tongue in cheek undertones to previous statement). I obviously know better than to go with mainstream reviews when it comes to rpgs, which is in fact why I posted the question HERE in the first place

anyway I'm picking the game up today either way so I'll post my own thoughts on the Graces next week. I've played every console NA released tales game so far and am a pretty big tales fan. My question was more asking how Graces does when compared with the series as a whole. I guess its the second highest tales game on Famitsu, second only to Xillia (which I really hope makes it over the great blue sea). Anyway, I'm off to enjoy an apple gel for lunch today...
    Now Playing: Final Fantasy 13-2, Xenosaga 2, Wild Arms 2, Zelda Twilight Princess