Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Diablo III Set to Launch on May 15, 2012

- Fancy Title - RPGamer Staff risingsun's Avatar

Diablo III Set to Launch on May 15, 2012

After years of waiting, Blizzard is finally ready to unleash the forces of the Burning Hells this May. Let the click fest begin.

-Link
    Last edited by risingsun; 03-15-2012 at 06:36 AM.

Wow, totally forgot about this game! I'll pick it up eventually

www.powerlinemag.com

"I remember back when FF9 was coming out. People were rejoicing because it was actually a fantasy game and not a sci-fi game like 7 and 8. It's especially hilarious given modern context, with everyone wanking themselves to dehydration at the thought of an FF7 remake." - Masterchief

Feels weird knowing that I already "bought" this.

befriend (v.): to use mecha-class beam weaponry to inflict grievous bodily harm on a target in the process of proving the validity of your belief system.

This just isn't the year for newcomer Euro-RPGs.

Have towel will travel Member shoptroll's Avatar
    Hell, It's about time

Can't wait!
    So long & thanks for all the fish!

I mentioned it on the Runic forums in passing, but is this ever a bad release timing for me. Comes out right after I get back from a cruise and go straight into E3 madness XD
    It also sounds like some other games I'll be considerably more interested in may release around the same time.

The moment this was announced I walked into my boss' office and asked for a week off starting that tuesday. It went through, and I now have about 2 months left to enjoy whatever else there is to do in this world before the game comes out.
    Lasciate ogni speranza, voi ch'entrate.

Banned Banned
    never played diablo.........not really that interested to try either

I hate to say it, but I'm much more interested in Torchlight II than I am in this. Blizzard waited too blasted long to release this. I might get it when it's below $60 but right now, there's more important things on my mind. I'm much more interested in The Last Story and Xenoblade right now to care about Diablo III. Don't get me wrong, I was all set to pick this up about two years ago, but that was two years ago. Now, it just looks aged and it might look better when I'm finished with ME 3, but I doubt it.

Here's to hoping nothing important is due that day in school, because if I can, I'm skippin that day.

Looking forward to being a Witch Doctor

My prediction: another delay. But if I`m worong i look foward to buying this game when its $20!!

RPGamer Staff RPGamer Staff
    Unless TL2 is a giant's head and shoulders above TL1, it won't come anywhere near D3, unless you're looking for an easier game that can be modded. Sure, they took their sweet time getting to this release date, but it's not like it's any different from any other Blizzard release. Also, it's not like they were literally sitting around with the gold version waiting to release it. I'd rather have a polished final version than some half-assed attempt that requires massive reworks, a la FFXIV.

Quote Originally Posted by reionpremente View Post
    I hate to say it, but I'm much more interested in Torchlight II than I am in this. Blizzard waited too blasted long to release this. I might get it when it's below $60 but right now, there's more important things on my mind. I'm much more interested in The Last Story and Xenoblade right now to care about Diablo III. Don't get me wrong, I was all set to pick this up about two years ago, but that was two years ago. Now, it just looks aged and it might look better when I'm finished with ME 3, but I doubt it.
    Have fun. When I last played the beta, the Witch Doctor was probably the most overpowered class, which should make it a good starting class.

Looks like they took the beta down now. So I guess I'll wait for it to fall to $30 or so.

Just hook it to my veins!!
    Vanillaware’s 2D is, once again, shaming their competitor’s 3D. It’s like, what are you even doing with your extra D, jerks? Maybe we should hold that extra D in reserve for you, like a trust, until you are ready. - Tycho, Penny Arcade

Releaser of Heavy Metal LegendaryZoltan's Avatar
    Witch Doctor overpowered! What?! They've been developing it for 15 years and they're gonna release it with balance issues? Unfreakingforgivable! They better have fixed that nonsense.

Can't wait to run around punching and kicking enemies left and right.

I admit it has been a couple of months since I last played, so it's possible they rebalanced it. It may also diminish at higher levels, but it definitely had advantages early on.

Uh yeah, the WD is not overpowered at all - in fact, at this point the game is a lot more balanced (and it pretty much comes down to how you play it instead).
    Lasciate ogni speranza, voi ch'entrate.

Quote Originally Posted by Fowl Sorcerous View Post
    are we sure they said 2012?
    Good catch. Just another one of ActiBliz's cruel, cruel joke.

Quote Originally Posted by watcher View Post
    I admit it has been a couple of months since I last played, so it's possible they rebalanced it. It may also diminish at higher levels, but it definitely had advantages early on.
    Is it because the pets were tough enough to be a real threat to bosses, or is it his other spells?

So do they still have skill synergy in this one? It'd be quite interesting if runes play into skill synergy as well.