Thread: Hikkoshi, Japandemonium for March 16th, 2012

RPGamer Staff RPGamer Staff GaijinMonogatari's Avatar

Hikkoshi, Japandemonium for March 16th, 2012

Let's get a move on!

is not declawed RPGamer Staff Ocelot's Avatar
    Opening a new school sounds scary and exciting. Good luck!

Twitter: BeckyCFreelance

The release of the Macross Frontier games was handled quite interestingly, as they came as part of the Blu-ray discs the movies were on. If you stuck the disc in a blu-ray player, you'd get the movie, if you put it in your PS3, you'd get both the movie and the game to play. I actually don't know anyone who has played them due to the region locking thing that's usually on blu-ray movie discs, and I've heard whispers that they're alright, but nothing to write home about.

It would be great to see a game similar to Macross Triangle Frontier (PSP), which combined elements of a visual novel with Another Century's Episode-style crossover (Macross only, of course) mecha fighting, appear on the PS3. I'd import that, provided the issues with MTF were addressed.

befriend (v.): to use mecha-class beam weaponry to inflict grievous bodily harm on a target in the process of proving the validity of your belief system.

Oh so many last minute character unveils. Date Masamune, Fuuma Kotarou, Nene, Tokugawa Ieyasu, and Mori Ranmaru. They obviously saved some of the best for last.

Good luck on your new school and the move

A Witness to Destruction Moderator DarkRPGMaster's Avatar
    Good luck with your move and your new school! Here are my thoughts and questions on the column for the month (the parts I care about, anyway).

Time and Eternity seems to give me a vibe I haven't felt in ages. I can't put down what the vibe is, but I recognize the feeling.

For that combination game of Pokemon and Nobunaga's Ambition, is it more of a tactical game, like Tactics Ogre?

That FF6 Bioware version sounds like utter GOLD. But I do suggest having Sakaguchi write the story again, if only because I don't trust Bioware's writers after the debacle of ME3's ending (no, I will never let that go).
    User Database Check
    Pages cleared: 98
    Users cleared: 2940
    Current Year: 2010
    Spammer-Banning Battle Theme: You Will Know Our Names
    Number of Spammers banned: At least 2000 at this point.

RPGamer Staff RPGamer Staff GaijinMonogatari's Avatar
    Pokemon + Nobunaga is in fact a tactical game. It's like how the Pokemon Mystery Dungeon games are basically Nintendo getting Chunsoft to adapt the Shiren series to Pokemon, but this time it's Koei adapting their Nobunaga's Ambition series.

Good luck with your school! It's sure to be stressful but perhaps a rewarding challenge as well.
    I loved the Macross Frontier series and I'm a predictable Ranka Lee fan rather than Sheryl Nome (Sharon Apple) I know by now who he chooses but it's so unsatisfying it's better left unknown.
    I love most tactical rpgs, I just wish more of them were translated.

I'm wishing you a successful move to your new school.
    And a speedy return to your faithful followers.