Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Latest Final Fantasy XIII-2 DLC Update

Quia ego sic dico RPGamer Staff Severin Mira's Avatar

Latest Final Fantasy XIII-2 DLC Update

The most recent piece of Final Fantasy XIII-2 DLC contains a face that will be familiar to those who played the first game. In addition, there's some news that may be of interest to Lightning fans.
    "Ab Hoc Possum Videre Domum Tuum."
    Twitter: severinmira | Xbox Live: Severin Mira | PSN: severinmira (EU), severin-US (US) | Skype: severinmk
    Final Fantasy XIV: Sevirain Kristinger (Leviathan)

After the Sazh DLC, they ain't getting any more money from me. That and the ending, what the hell Square? Plus the fact that the only fights in the arena are DLC fights. Why even make it a place if that's the case?

Let me know when they actually release a complete version of the game.

Like all this stuff is any different from just about any other companies DLC
    I am bad and that is good, I will never be good and that's not bad, there's no one I'd rather be than me - Wreck-it-Ralph

27 years of gaming and still going strong
    and now a Proud if slightly annoyed Father :D

RPGamer Staff RPGamer Staff Wheels's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by XR2 View Post
    Let me know when they actually release a complete version of the game.
    They did, on January 31st

This is interesting DLC as a new addition to the team is possible.

They kind of did. The ending was a huge letdown to me.

I'm happy to see Jihl again, but disappointed it's solely as a Coliseum opponent. In FF-XIII, I felt like just when the story was about to reveal her more fully as an antagonist, she was casually tossed out of the game. I'll admit that it didn't hurt that she was frackin' gorgeous, but I will always feel like it must have taken Square Enix serious effort to come up with such a boneheaded way to waste a good antagonist/ token hottie.

Mixed feelings...on one hand, how awesome would it be to have Jihl in my party...

...on the other hand, when would I need her? I maxed out the game like a month ago...even got all of the tameable monsters maxed out; if I found something else to do, it would probably be a bug.

Quote Originally Posted by Wheels View Post
    They did if they plan on releasing a third game. If they are just going to augment this ending with DLC, then I don't see how anyone could spin that (pun!) as being complete.
    Check out my fledgling youtube channel. It's small now, but if I get more subscribers I will start doing more with it, so stay tuned!

http://www.youtube.com/user/HellDest...7?feature=mhee

Quote Originally Posted by Zaku77 View Post
    They did if they plan on releasing a third game. If they are just going to augment this ending with DLC, then I don't see how anyone could spin that (pun!) as being complete.
    Mass Effect 2 did it with Arrival, Dragon Age did that with Witch Hunt. I'm sure there are other games that have done it as well.
    I am bad and that is good, I will never be good and that's not bad, there's no one I'd rather be than me - Wreck-it-Ralph

I don't see other companies doing the same thing having any bearing on whether it's a complete product or not. In the case of Mass Effect, there is a Mass Effect 3, so complaints about the ending of the middle game don't really matter. If there is a FFXIII-3 then I won't be complaining about this ones ending, as they will have followed it up. Aren't the endings of the second movie/game in a trilogy always cliffhangers? (STAR WARS) I can't speak for Dragon Age, however. It's just my opinion that unless there is going to be a follow up game to finish off the story, the game should come with its ending on the damn disc.
    Check out my fledgling youtube channel. It's small now, but if I get more subscribers I will start doing more with it, so stay tuned!

i can post! thanx paws! Maudren's Avatar
    I typically don't really dig nomura's designs, but colonel cleavage is ridiculously hot.
    sup?

RPGamer Staff RPGamer Staff
    Why you trolling?

In all seriousness, the only DLC I'm interested in is one that provides an ending that isn't a slap in the face. Anything that leaves me feeling dead inside afterwards, especially something that was good up until the last 10 minutes, does not make for a good experience. This isn't the way that most people feel games should end, and I can't help but feel that this empty ending was just a way to make us buy a future expansion-sized DLC.

Quote Originally Posted by CofLSilk View Post
    Why you trolling?

In all seriousness, the only DLC I'm interested in is one that provides an ending that isn't a slap in the face. Anything that leaves me feeling dead inside afterwards, especially something that was good up until the last 10 minutes, does not make for a good experience. This isn't the way that most people feel games should end, and I can't help but feel that this empty ending was just a way to make us buy a future expansion-sized DLC.
    Which one the game has at least 6 endings.

A Witness to Destruction Moderator DarkRPGMaster's Avatar
    Why you trolling?

Still better than Mass Effect 3's ending~
    User Database Check
    Pages cleared: 98
    Users cleared: 2940
    Current Year: 2010
    Spammer-Banning Battle Theme: You Will Know Our Names
    Number of Spammers banned: At least 2000 at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by TheAnimeMan View Post
    Which one the game has at least 6 endings.
    The paradox endings are fun what-ifs, they certainly don't count as an ENDING. They're like the wrong turns in Radiant Historia. I very much enjoyed them, but they don't really compare to the actual ending, or lack thereof, of the game.

It's tough for me to judge the ending of XIII-2...on one hand, BioWare is pulling the same crap with ME3...even worse, actually, considering how little effort they put into it...but still, I had SUCH a great time playing XIII-2 that any excuse to lengthen the game is a welcome one in my eyes.

No one was more surprised than me that I enjoyed it so thoroughly...getting a chance to add more content to the game will be fun. I just hope that we get some actual story extension, and not just side-missions and coliseum battles. They ARE cool...it's just that after maxing out, I'm ready for something new.

Gave in and bought this last night...and let me tell you, for a while there, I was overwhelmed. Jihl was probably one of the toughest bosses I have fought in any of the series games up to that point. Eventually I figured out the trick to beating her, but I couldn't even count my losses on two hands before finally I beat her...0 stars, but I got the recruitment drop, at least.

...now I just hope there is some really robust DLC coming where I can actually utilize her...

RPGamer Staff RPGamer Staff Wheels's Avatar
    Why you trolling?
    I'm not. Cliffhanger/incomplete endings to not an incomplete game make. You're welcome to be annoyed by it, but calling a game incomplete because the story doesn't have a definitive ending is absurd.

I'm not. Cliffhanger/incomplete endings to not an incomplete game make. You're welcome to be annoyed by it, but calling a game incomplete because the story doesn't have a definitive ending is absurd.
    Also don't forget that Square did get teh web domain for FFXIII-3 at some point.

http://n4g.com/news/841831/final-fan...planning-ahead