Thread: RPG Backtrack: Episode 68 - Luigi Mario

Code: Kirin RPGamer Staff JuMeSyn's Avatar

RPG Backtrack: Episode 68 - Luigi Mario

This is the continuing story of two brothers from Brooklyn. Be it evil alien fungi, shattered heavenly bean confections, those who have fury, or clogged drains, they'll get the job done with no backtalk.
    Do you have fury?
    It's not what he's eating, but what's eating him that makes it ... sort of interesting.

Banned Banned
    luigi is the greatest

green thunder

the man in green

the man with the giant mustache

Certified Polygameist RPGamer Staff jcservant's Avatar
    Luigi is the bomb! He's definately the cooler of the two

P.S. I am in now way biased just because I like green heroes such as my avatar.

Staff Girly Girl RPGamer Staff Nyx's Avatar
    The Italian stereotypes are killing me. XD My Nonna would KILL YOU guys.

Certified Polygameist RPGamer Staff jcservant's Avatar
    Stereotypes? Really? Where!? I didn't see any!!

is not declawed RPGamer Staff Ocelot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyx View Post
    The Italian stereotypes are killing me. XD My Nonna would KILL YOU guys.
    Your nonna who is a stereotypical Italian grandmother?

The beauty of Super Mario is that he's not really an Italian stereotype besides having a silly bad Italian accent and giant 'stache. He's not in the Mob and doesn't eat pasta all the time or do any other stereotypical Italian things. Nah, he just jumps on goombas, saves the princess, and masters multiple different sports in his free time. It's kind of hard to find the little guy offensive.

Twitter: BeckyCFreelance

A Familiar Teacher Administrator Strawberry Eggs's Avatar
    For anyone curious, this video shows off sprites for each of the cameo characters that were dropped from Superstar Saga.
    "Tiz, please. You're getting bumpkin all over my feral bikini woman fantasy. "

Banned Banned
    i like luigi more

Code: Kirin RPGamer Staff JuMeSyn's Avatar
    This ran down much faster than expected. Looks like not as many played this trio as I believed.
    It's not what he's eating, but what's eating him that makes it ... sort of interesting.

I played Superstar Saga way back when, But I liked it so there not much to talk about. Except that I got killed by Bowletta and I dont think I finished the game.

I found the Combo Moves pretty interesting, especially how they had secret variation you had to figure out that did different things.
    ive got candy

I played through Superstar Saga (put it down about halfway through and never picked it up for whatever reason), and Bowser's Inside Story. I'm pretty sure BIS is the only game I ever traded out of spite, because it was a Christmas gift from someone who I had a massive falling out with. That, and the really annoying puzzle sequence with the brothers about five hours in.

As it pertains to Infinite Space, I ended up finding it by what can only be described as a miracle one day at my local Boutique of Electronics - and it was $40. Used. (Like new condition with booklet, thankfully). It must have gone out of print rather quickly. Oh, and kudos to Sega for not only releasing it against a mainline FF, and against their own Yakuza and Resonance of Fate, but for putting out a DS RPG within a week of a main-series Pokemon game. Simply stunning.
    "The flowers all over its body burst into bloom if it is lovingly hugged and senses gratitude."
    Twitter | A gaming podcast by grownups