Thread: Legend of Grimrock Goes Gold

is not declawed RPGamer Staff Ocelot's Avatar

Legend of Grimrock Goes Gold

There's a party going down in Grimrock Mountain. A party of four adventurers trapped in a maze full of traps and nasty monsters, that is. BYOB.

[A celebration to last throughout the year]

Twitter: BeckyCFreelance

Available on GoG? That's great. Glad they keep getting bigger. Truly a great service.

I'm waiting to hear some reactions on this one. I love a good dungeon crawler a lot more than most, so I'm definitely intrigued by this.

Wish this would be a retail game.

Hmm... does the game require Steam?

RPGamer Staff RPGamer Staff Wheels's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rya.Reisender View Post
    Hmm... does the game require Steam?
    Only if you buy it from steam

I will be getting this on GOG.

Quote Originally Posted by Wheels View Post
    Only if you buy it from steam
    I was a bit confused because if you buy it directly it says "Steam Key included", so I got the impression that I need Steam anyway.

On a sidenote, I dreamed about this game this night! And now I'm wondering if I really should go back on buying something on the internet. So far I bought two things over the internet and one worked like a breeze and the other once caused me to have almost 1 month of trouble of getting the product I paid for. So it seems to be like a 50% success rate with the online purchases...

If the game required Steam, GoG wouldn't sell it. All of GoG's stuff is completely DRM-free.

Aww, guess I'm out of luck, both GoG.com and direct purchase only accept credit cards as payment method. T_T
    Amazon Payments is kinda weird, they said they will allow bank transfer, but when I buy the game they suddenly say credit card only. *sigh* Internet, why do you hate me?

Debit Cards are your friend here.

befriend (v.): to use mecha-class beam weaponry to inflict grievous bodily harm on a target in the process of proving the validity of your belief system.

It has to do wit hteh fact that with Debit/Credit Cards the vendor is still going to get their money unless the card is denied at point of sale.
    I am bad and that is good, I will never be good and that's not bad, there's no one I'd rather be than me - Wreck-it-Ralph

27 years of gaming and still going strong
    and now a Proud if slightly annoyed Father :D

I know a lot of Europeans use pre-paid credit cards for online purchases. That's a good compromise for people who don't want normal credit cards.

Yeah, I usually pay with PaySafeCard on the internet, because that's 100% anonymous, but that is only available in Germany and UK and hardly anybody outside these two countries offers it as payment option. Would probably need to look into what kind of prepaid cards are accepted, hm.

Just started playing this ^^ really enjoying the Dungeon Master tribute, why back in the days of yore I played it on a BBC micro model B computer, the harsh grinding of the iron grill gates clanging, the horrible need to fill the food bar with chunks of monster remains, awesome nostalgia, not as hardcore as Darksouls, it's a level where I'm comfortable.

Just finished the game, as usual I took the scenic route and spent 32 hours on it on normal difficulty. It's of of those games in which , you wish you knew at the end of the game what you couldve done at the start (especially with skills, class trees etc). I don't think it's too much of a spoiler to say that I ened up level 14-15 with 4 skill points per level, you can master one skill tree but investing in a couple is more versatile and flexible- yeah one of those dilemas.