Thread: NIS America Goes Title Crazy

Staff Healer RPGamer Staff TwinBahamut's Avatar

NIS America Goes Title Crazy

NIS America has announced a few new titles that are likely to satisfy an RPG lover's sweet tooth. They even come with enough variety to make sure nobody will be bored.

[Link]

That Guy You Hate RPGamer Staff omegabyte's Avatar
    The Witch and the Hundred Knights intrigues me, but my god that is one busy HUD it's got.
    "It's okay to fail as long as you learn that you failed!" - Neptune, Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory
    Follow me on Twitter
    Read my serialized, comedy-fantasy web novel, The Almanac of All Things - http://www.thealmanac.ca - Read All of Part One Now!

RPGamer Staff RPGamer Staff Wheels's Avatar
    That PSN dungeon crawler is the one by the ClaDun team isn't it? This will only lead to PAIN

RPGamer Staff RPGamer Staff 7thCircle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by omegabyte View Post
    The Witch and the Hundred Knights intrigues me, but my god that is one busy HUD it's got.
    I was thinking that it was an improvement over the last couple Disgaeas. Disgaea 4's menu system covered most of the screen and looked like it was still designed for SD TVs. At least this game's HUD looks HD.

After some games like Torchlight didn't display all the info in the HUD that I wanted to see, I kinda prefer for devs to err on the side of busier HUDs rather than Spartan ones.
    The lesson here is that dreams inevitably lead to hideous implosions.

I didn't learn anything! MasterChief's Avatar
    Let's see... Witch and the Hundred Knights looks somewhat interesting, though I still need to hear more.

Mugen Souls is Compile Heart, so no way.

Legasista's by the Cladun people? From what I've heard, Cladun can be pretty unreasonably difficult, so this might be as well... Looks like a fairly standard roguelike, tho.

"What the f--- is a Shakespeare?"
    -Rico Valasquez, showing off why no one likes him.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterChief View Post
    Let's see... Witch and the Hundred Knights looks somewhat interesting, though I still need to hear more.

Mugen Souls is Compile Heart, so no way.

Legasista's by the Cladun people? From what I've heard, Cladun can be pretty unreasonably difficult, so this might be as well... Looks like a fairly standard roguelike, tho.
    ClaDun is most certainly not a Roguelike. Its a really repetitive action rpg.

Witch and the hundred knights, I am pretty sure I will buy it, I dont know why but the moment I saw the japanese cover in AmiAmi a couple a mouths ago I was like "niceee a new NIS game yay!!" and I will probably buy the LE for sure.

Mugen Soul ehhh maybe and just maybe I will buy it, a couple of mouths/years after the release when the price drops a lot (like when the game cost around 10-20 dollars). But even then mm I don't know

And Lagasista, depending on the price I will buy it, I had a really good time with ClaDun, and I still have to play ClaDun2, and having it in the PS3 will be really nice. A shame it is only a PSN download, but if they drop the price then I will buy it without a problem.
    --I apologize for the crappy english, still learning

Mugen Souls will also have parts of the game removed due to the sensitive nature of some content.

NSFW
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z-ndI...feature=relmfu starting at the 50 second mark

I am probably going to get Witch / Knights for the wrong reason (sexiness of main character).

But is there Underboob?

I'll get Mugen and Witch Knights most definately. The last one not truely sure
    I am bad and that is good, I will never be good and that's not bad, there's no one I'd rather be than me - Wreck-it-Ralph

27 years of gaming and still going strong
    and now a Proud if slightly annoyed Father :D

Quote Originally Posted by Wheels View Post
    ClaDun is most certainly not a Roguelike. Its a really repetitive action rpg.
    Sorry, that comment was about Legasista. Funny, I'm usually better about grammar than that....

Quote Originally Posted by AncientRune
    Mugen Souls will also have parts of the game removed due to the sensitive nature of some content.

NSFW
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z-ndI...feature=relmfu starting at the 50 second mark
    1) Has NISA said they're removing anything? Record of Agarest War got away with quite a bit.
    2) Geez, that's just disgusting... What are they, 12 maybe?

Sorry, that comment was about Legasista. Funny, I'm usually better about grammar than that....

1) Has NISA said they're removing anything? Record of Agarest War got away with quite a bit.
    They said in the official press release it will be "edited for sensitive content." However they never said anything was removed.... it could be as simple as making parts of the bathing suits that are supposedly hidden under the soap bubbles visible.

If they remove the bathing in it's entirety... well there goes half the game's gimmick. Given this is a Compile Heart game fan service was pretty much the only reason to play it to begin with... over pretty much any other game that would certainly be better made.
    <span style=\'color:#009966\'>I miss my old prettiful sig.</span>

I really should not complain when more games get announced for localization. After all, there have not been many notable translated RPGs in the last few years. Even so, looking at NISA's forum under Game Requests, I see a number of games that I'd find more interesting, including...

* Code of Princess (could happen someday, unless the 3DS totally fails)
    * Tears to Tiara for PS3 (a vague possibility, since Dakkodango already translated the 18+ PC version, and worked with JAST to localize Aselia)
    * Atelier Elkrone (a vague possibility, though it might be awfully late to localize niche PSP games)
    * Valkyria Chronicles 3 (unlikely, considering SEGA owns it)

I can certainly understand NISA wanting to localize PS3 games. The system is still current and successful. But at the same time, I'm hoping the company will publish more 3DS games besides the Cave Story remake. Perhaps it will benefit by testing the waters for platforms such as PC, iOS, and Android.

Quote Originally Posted by caddyalan View Post
    I really should not complain when more games get announced for localization. After all, there have not been many notable translated RPGs in the last few years. Even so, looking at NISA's forum under Game Requests, I see a number of games that I'd find more interesting, including...

* Code of Princess (could happen someday, unless the 3DS totally fails)
    * Tears to Tiara for PS3 (a vague possibility, since Dakkodango already translated the 18+ PC version, and worked with JAST to localize Aselia)
    * Atelier Elkrone (a vague possibility, though it might be awfully late to localize niche PSP games)
    * Valkyria Chronicles 3 (unlikely, considering SEGA owns it)

I can certainly understand NISA wanting to localize PS3 games. The system is still current and successful. But at the same time, I'm hoping the company will publish more 3DS games besides the Cave Story remake. Perhaps it will benefit by testing the waters for platforms such as PC, iOS, and Android.
    Yeah, the main reason they are doing the three they are instead of any of those is accessibility. Atelier Elkrone is likely the only one they have access too and it's got too much against it to be worth it for them. Mostly being on PSP.
    "The universe is already mad. Anything else would be redundant."
    Twitter @FinalMacstorm

Releaser of Heavy Metal LegendaryZoltan's Avatar
    Well, all I can say is that this is some FREAKING good news for me. I play PS3 exclusively and have been regretting not playing Xenoblade all this time. These games probably won't stack up to Xenoblade but they all look really fun to me. I like extremely hard dungeon crawlers so I'll try Legasista as well. What games has Compile Heart made and are ANY of them good to people?

Also not a roguelike

Is mugen souls just another reskin of the neptunia's, and whatever the game was wit hthe dog god main characters battle system and boring dungeons?

From the short video on their website and the SS here it does not look like a stategy game but a reskin of the above mentioned games.

This is anime art-style. Clearly they are 23 years of age.
    Give me Underboob, or give me death!

"As a gaming enthusiast, people who carry a pro-hacker flag for selfish self-entitled reasons and willfully ignore the damage that rampant piracy does to developers as well as hardware producers don't deserve to enjoy the games and systems that these companies have poured their souls into to produce."

"A late game is only late until it ships. A bad game is bad until the end of time." ~ David Jaffe

Quote Originally Posted by Oyashiro View Post
    This is anime art-style. Clearly they are 23 years of age.
    I'll admit that made me lol, even though there's plenty of anime and anime art that have depicted legal women as such, and without exaggerated boobs even. Maybe Compile Heart should hire artists that can do the same.