Thread: Kingdoms of Amalur Shows Its Teeth in Its Second DLC Pack

Kingdoms of Amalur Shows Its Teeth in Its Second DLC Pack

Kingdoms of Amular's second DLC pack welcomes you to a floating city of giant trolls. That is if you can survive the latest quests and challenges.

Yay! Trolls!

It would be better if they fixed the bugs in the original game before making all the DLC. But the old cynic in me thinks that most of the DLC is just stuff they left out of the maingame on purpose.

Many devs have been including patches and bug fixes in DLC, so don't let that hold you back.

is not declawed RPGamer Staff Ocelot's Avatar
    The Reckoning DLC is most definitely not stuff that was left out of the main game. These DLC packs are separate and self-contained stories outside of the game's main storyline. They were planned but not completed in advance of the main game going gold. I suspect the Big Huge team is getting these out so quickly because instead of firing a bunch of people or moving everyone to other projects (like most companies do post-launch), they've still got a lot of resources dedicated to Reckoning... because they planned the DLC packs into the development schedule.

Twitter: BeckyCFreelance

Releaser of Heavy Metal LegendaryZoltan's Avatar
    Bugs? What bugs? I've only played the demo on PS3 and there was almost always a graphical error when coming out of a cave or house back to the overworld. I'll admit that it was annoying but just rotate the camera once and it goes away.

What bugs have been found so far? Particularly for the PS3 version.

Quote Originally Posted by LegendaryZoltan View Post
    Bugs? What bugs? I've only played the demo on PS3 and there was almost always a graphical error when coming out of a cave or house back to the overworld. I'll admit that it was annoying but just rotate the camera once and it goes away.

What bugs have been found so far? Particularly for the PS3 version.
    Yeah, I've spent around 35 hours with it and had no bugs.
    "The universe is already mad. Anything else would be redundant."
    Twitter @FinalMacstorm

I haven't played either pack yet, probably because by the time I was done with the main game I was extremely bored with it. How was the first pack? Because most of the main game's sidequests (aside from the faction-related ones) were extremely boring and very repetitive.
    Lasciate ogni speranza, voi ch'entrate.

Working on an impression today.
    "The universe is already mad. Anything else would be redundant."
    Twitter @FinalMacstorm

The only bug I had was I couldn't finish a side quest for some reason, but it wasn't that big a deal to me since everything else worked and I had a lot of fun playing the game and I'm still having fun with it. So yay, trolls!