Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: FFXIII-2 + Prada = Interesting

i can post! thanx paws! Maudren's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by King Jowy XXII View Post
    Kiddo, my wife was the one who made the point to me in the first place after she read your...uninformed comment.

Ugh, gender roles are so outdated...it's all a state of mind. Besides, keeping tabs on things like that are tiring and banal.
    How exactly was my comment uninformed? Is she denying the FACT that lightning looks like a rectangle? Do either of you even know what you're trying to argue, or what point you're trying to make? Masterchief made a comment about Lightning still looking womanly. My retort was that her shirt is too baggy and long for her to look womanly. This was NEVER about defining a person's gender identity with clothing. The issue is, I allowed my self to fall for your (or your wife's?) trolling accusation of such.

It's assinine to make such accusations considering the whole point of this topic was characters modeling for...CLOTHES.

And to be honest, my first post in the thread never really refuted Lightning's womanly looks, I DID say she looked like a really pretty tranny afterall.
    sup?

A Witness to Destruction Moderator DarkRPGMaster's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Maudren View Post
    This was NEVER about defining a person's gender identity with clothing. The issue is, I allowed my self to fall for your (or your wife's?) trolling accusation of such.

It's assinine to make such accusations considering the whole point of this topic was characters modeling for...CLOTHES.
    Actually Maudren, your post after MC's came off EXACTLY like this. Don't get on the case of a person mistaking it for that when it had a hint of a tone of you actually doing it. Also, please don't throw around the word 'troll' so casually, as I've seen the worst the internet has to offer for trolls, and throwing that term out is an insult to the skill of actual high-tier trolls (one of whom I'm a friend of and love seeing his work), not to mention it tends to make people respect you less.
    User Database Check
    Pages cleared: 98
    Users cleared: 2940
    Current Year: 2010
    Spammer-Banning Battle Theme: You Will Know Our Names
    Number of Spammers banned: At least 2000 at this point.

...was gonna go into detail and what not, but the Master here has already tied it all up...and much more succinctly than I ever could have.

I didn't learn anything! MasterChief's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkRPGMaster View Post
    Actually Maudren, your post after MC's came off EXACTLY like this. Don't get on the case of a person mistaking it for that when it had a hint of a tone of you actually doing it. Also, please don't throw around the word 'troll' so casually, as I've seen the worst the internet has to offer for trolls, and throwing that term out is an insult to the skill of actual high-tier trolls (one of whom I'm a friend of and love seeing his work), not to mention it tends to make people respect you less.
    *Lights some fireworks in honor of this awesome post*

Maudren, what you've shown here isn't any particular brand of trolling, but your own laughably closed-minded view on women. You may not know this, but women don't always dress themselves with the express purpose of being visually appealing to men. Indeed, women have the same desire for comfy clothing that doesn't hug their bodies like Saran Wrap as men do. I know it's a shock, so I'll give you a moment to absorb that.

"What the f--- is a Shakespeare?"
    -Rico Valasquez, showing off why no one likes him.

i can post! thanx paws! Maudren's Avatar
    Guys you are rebutting arguements I never made. For the purpose of this topic, seeing as how its lightning, a female modeling Fashion Wear, she does not look "womanly" within that context.

I also never stated woman can only dress in a way that is attractive to men, I was only rebutting jowys implications.

Within the context of modeling fashion wear, woman are expected to look, well like woman.

Now if you want to argue that that is shallow and sexist or whatever thats fine, its just a fact of that industry but to try and attack me for that is ridiculous.

Oh and sorry about your delicate sensibilities regarding the troll word darkrpgmaster, but making a sideways personal attack on someone sure seems troll baitish to me.

@masterchief

Your snark and sarcasm do you no credit. Neither do your broad and baseless assumptions about me.
    Last edited by Maudren; 04-09-2012 at 08:27 PM.

As the opener of this thread may I ask that this thread now be closed since people can't play nice.

And gonig back to the modelnig aspect IT'S MENS FASHION NOT WOMENS FASHION.
    I am bad and that is good, I will never be good and that's not bad, there's no one I'd rather be than me - Wreck-it-Ralph

27 years of gaming and still going strong
    and now a Proud if slightly annoyed Father :D

Sure thing. I'm jelly how sexy Lightning looks in that shirt anyways.