Thread: Guild Wars 2 Available for Pre-Purchase

is not declawed RPGamer Staff Ocelot's Avatar

Guild Wars 2 Available for Pre-Purchase

Anybody who has been posting "Shut Up and Take My Money" GIFs in reference to Guild Wars 2 need wait no longer. ArenaNet has decided to allow us to give it our money starting today.

Twitter: BeckyCFreelance

Seems a bit of a ripoff to me. You pay them full price now for a product you'll be able to play maybe once a month until release (and who knows when that will be).
    “Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen.”
    -Einstein

is not declawed RPGamer Staff Ocelot's Avatar
    Well, it's not for people who are on the fence about the game, it's for people who know they're going to play it and are happy to pay now in order to play in the beta weekends. Release will be this year for certain, and at the rate the betas are going my guess is it'll be before the end of the summer.

What (IMO) is a bit of a ripoff is the digital deluxe edition. $20 for a mini-pet, an elite skill, and a bunch of temporary digital items? No thanks. I'm hoping they'll see low sales of the DDE and decide throw in more goodies later, since they've mentioned that you can upgrade a standard edition to a DDE later on.

Twitter: BeckyCFreelance

Yeah I've heard a lot of complaints about the DDE myself, but you're right. I understand the company needs money to continue and the guys buying this are regardless getting the game no matter what.

I personally won't do the pre-purchase until I hear more about a release date and more information/impressions from regular beta users(not just press).
    “Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen.”
    -Einstein