Thread: Skyborn - Staff Review & Interview

Staff Girly Girl RPGamer Staff Nyx's Avatar

Skyborn - Staff Review & Interview

RPGamer has a bit of a treat for all you steampunk fans. Not only have do we have an interview with Phil Hamilton of Dancing Dragon Games, but Staff Reviewer Mike Moehnke also weighs in with his thoughts on Skyborn.

Staff Review
    Interview

New Member Member
    I bought it because of the favorable review and because I like to support independent game developers (I'm particularly excited that the studio is attempting to move away from RPGMaker games).

So far, something like 4 hours in, I'm enjoying it. The "Normal" difficulty level is a bit too easy so far, I'd say, but I'm sure that could be corrected by bumping it up to "Hard." I'm just hesitant to do that because I normally tend to bump difficulty levels down to "Easy" (because I tend to be most interested in story and unwilling to grind)... It may not help that I kill every single enemy on-screen (there are no random battles, and there really aren't that many available enemies), so I guess I am kind of doing this game's equivalent of grinding so far.

Hi Sam,
    I've been a fan of this site for ages, and I always enjoy your opinions because you're quirky and sometimes contrarian. My sister recently got me into playing this series called "Lilly and Sasha" by John Wizard. By the way this is not a commerical call -_-. It's just that I've had so much fun with this quirky, cute, sarcastic, parody, charming, series with (puzzle elements) that I just gots ta share it with you. It's an rpg maker title as far as I know, and if you're familiar with Big Fish games I think you can try a bit of it. The first one is called "Lilly and Sasha:Curse of the Immortals". I know you've got a backlog of games to play but in all my years of gaming, I have found few to challenge that first mind-blowing final fantasy 6 or 4 , well the one with Terra, Sabin etc in it. I', presently grappling with the third in the series (Guradian Angels).

Keeping it short n sweet,

Yet another Scottish person

Wing (Balance)
    P.S. I tried the private messaging but your box is full...>.<

Staff Girly Girl RPGamer Staff Nyx's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Hi Sam,
    I've been a fan of this site for ages, and I always enjoy your opinions because you're quirky and sometimes contrarian. My sister recently got me into playing this series called "Lilly and Sasha" by John Wizard. By the way this is not a commerical call -_-. It's just that I've had so much fun with this quirky, cute, sarcastic, parody, charming, series with (puzzle elements) that I just gots ta share it with you. It's an rpg maker title as far as I know, and if you're familiar with Big Fish games I think you can try a bit of it. The first one is called "Lilly and Sasha:Curse of the Immortals". I know you've got a backlog of games to play but in all my years of gaming, I have found few to challenge that first mind-blowing final fantasy 6 or 4 , well the one with Terra, Sabin etc in it. I', presently grappling with the third in the series (Guradian Angels).

Keeping it short n sweet,

Yet another Scottish person

Wing (Balance)
    P.S. I tried the private messaging but your box is full...>.<
    Awww! First off, I am familiar with Lily and Sasha, and I actually HAVE that game in my backlog (got it from Big Fish no less, big fan of their service). I've heard really good things about the John Wizard titles, but due to my stupid backlog size, it's just something I haven't managed to get to. Since summer is coming up and my exams will be done soon, I can focus more on RPGamer content, including more indie game reviews, so maybe you'll see one for Lily and Sasha if life doesn't get in the way too much. Also, you're making me blush here, but I'm glad you enjoy my opinions and quirkiness. I always love hearing fan suggestions and thoughts and I do always try to incorporate them as best as I can providing my schedule.

Also, how odd. I emptied my box a week ago. WEIRD. D: Sorry about that!