Thread: Blazing Souls to Torture Gullible Europeans

Staff Healer RPGamer Staff TwinBahamut's Avatar

Blazing Souls to Torture Gullible Europeans

The game that is considered the RPGamer Staff's unofficial "Most Unplayably Bad RPG" is coming to Europe a few years late. Don't say we didn't warn you.

[Link]

News Director/Reviewer RPGamer Staff Severin Mira's Avatar
    Awesome, you used my title suggestion

Also, urm, can we have something else instead? It is really bad...
    "My doctor says that I have a malformed public-duty gland and a natural deficiency in moral fibre and that I am therefore excused from saving universes."
    Twitter: severinmira | Xbox Live: Severin Mira | PSN: severinmira (EU), severin-US (US) | NNID: severinmira | Skype: severinmk
    Final Fantasy XIV: Sevirain Kristinger (Leviathan)

Omg that is awesome
    I wouldn't even bother to Eat that coz your already dead

My Youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/hoktoshinkenmaster
    My Livestream http://www.twitch.tv/hoktomaster

Ooh Jesus...this game! I really tried to like it. It's easily one of the worst RPGs I have ever played. I would rather play Agarest than BSA.

Not sure what you found all that wrong with it.

I played it back when it came out in NA and dont recall anything majorly wrong with it that isnt a "all psp games have that issue" thing.

I'm surprised this is getting the most unplayably bad RPG award instead of Spectral Souls. I tried playing that on a first generation PSP, and it actually was so bad I sold my PSP after playing it. I've since gotten another, but when every single command you give in a SRPG leads to 5-10 seconds of disc search time, you get kind of frustrated. Compared to that game, this game is streets ahead.

Rising Star Games tends to release completely unplayable games. Because Fragile Dreams was one of my favorite games of all times I went and bought many games from them and they were all completely freaking unplayable.

Wait, wasn't there a 360 game in this series? I played that one, and it was incredibly average. I didn't mind it bc the 360 had so few rpgs at the time
    Now Playing: Final Fantasy 13-2, Xenosaga 2, Wild Arms 2, Zelda Twilight Princess

RPGamer Staff RPGamer Staff 7thCircle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AverageJoe View Post
    Wait, wasn't there a 360 game in this series? I played that one, and it was incredibly average. I didn't mind it bc the 360 had so few rpgs at the time
    You're thinking of Spectral Force 3, which was also an Idea Factory game set in Neverland. I enjoyed that, but it was definitely average. That makes it win the Best Idea Factory Game Ever Award.
    The lesson here is that dreams inevitably lead to hideous implosions.

Tactic's Ogre I choose u! scorpio_7's Avatar
    I also purchased this game when it came out. It was a game that I really wanted to like, but sadly it was quickly put aside for a better game and never returned to. That being said I definitely do not agree that it is the worse game out there, but its not far from it.

I believe Idea Factory might be the worst RPG creating company. That I might agree with.

I have a feeling people are just being hard on the game because of how hard it could get to progress in the game past a certain point.

Quote Originally Posted by scorpio_7 View Post
    I also purchased this game when it came out. It was a game that I really wanted to like, but sadly it was quickly put aside for a better game and never returned to. That being said I definitely do not agree that it is the worse game out there, but its not far from it.

I believe Idea Factory might be the worst RPG creating company. That I might agree with.
    I think IF makes great RPG's they just make horribly complex systems for their RPG's
    I am bad and that is good, I will never be good and that's not bad, there's no one I'd rather be than me - Wreck-it-Ralph

27 years of gaming and still going strong
    and now a Proud if slightly annoyed Father :D

is not declawed RPGamer Staff Ocelot's Avatar
    Hey heh, it's not an official site "award" or anything, you guys. It's just that this game was pretty rage-inducing for our reviewers. 7th even told everyone to burn it.

Twitter: BeckyCFreelance

A Witness to Destruction Moderator DarkRPGMaster's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ocelot View Post
    Hey heh, it's not an official site "award" or anything, you guys. It's just that this game was pretty rage-inducing for our reviewers. 7th even told everyone to burn it.
    Hell, it pissed ME off. That takes some impressive work from a game to pull that off with me. Hell, Final Fantasy Tactics and Vagrant story at their worst never make me rage like that, they only makes me go "Oh come on..."
    User Database Check
    Pages cleared: 98
    Users cleared: 2940
    Current Year: 2010
    Spammer-Banning Battle Theme: You Will Know Our Names
    Number of Spammers banned: At least 2000 at this point.

Is it worse than Eternal Eyes for PSOne?
    That was a turd.