Thread: Risen 2 to Dock into Consoles in Summer

News Director/Reviewer RPGamer Staff Severin Mira's Avatar

Risen 2 to Dock into Consoles in Summer

RPGamers downloading the PC version of Risen 2 will be getting a head start over those awaiting the console version. However, the console crew will be getting its own exclusive content.

[ Story ]
    "My doctor says that I have a malformed public-duty gland and a natural deficiency in moral fibre and that I am therefore excused from saving universes."
    Twitter: severinmira | Xbox Live: Severin Mira | PSN: severinmira (EU), severin-US (US) | NNID: severinmira | Skype: severinmk
    Final Fantasy XIV: Sevirain Kristinger (Leviathan)

Fine by me. Way too many other games to play right now. By July, my schedule should clear up.

I was planning to buy the PC version, but after reading some reviews I think I might end up holding off for a while anyway.

Releaser of Heavy Metal LegendaryZoltan's Avatar
    There are reviews already? Where? I gotta search for that right now!

It looks and sounds like a great one to me and I think that that more content as an apology for a delay is an AMAZING gesture! I freaking out over here. I just can't believe anyone would do that in this day. The title, "The Sky Temple" is VERY appealing to me so I'm excited. Hopefully I'll be able to thin out my list by then.

Gamebanshee has a six page review.

I have been part of the closed beta of Risen 2.

And while I was a fan of the first Risen game I have mixed feelings about the second entry in this series.
    I loved the setting of Risen 2 and all the tiny details that the programmers thought about (grog to replenish health, voodoo dolls, etc..),
    but I also noticed that Risen's gameplay got dumbed down a lot to be made available for the mainstream.

This might not sound like a bad thing, but it does so on expense of the immersion: if you pick up an apple, a bottle of water and a roasted chicken, your inventory just has [food ration x 3].
    The same thing applies to the combat. While Risen 1 used to be as challenging as Demon Souls in some parts (not kidding), button mashing suffices to win every battle in Risen 2.
    Especially if you choose to use a musket.

What I do like about Risen 2 is that you have a ship where your party members hang out, akin to the Normandy of Mass Effect.
    The dialogs with most characters are hilarious and are the thing which saves Risen 2 from becoming a ...watch out... SHIPWRECK.

The game itself isn't bad, it's just not playing in the same league as Bioware or Bethesda games.
    It suffers a lot from being compared to AAA titles such as The Witcher 2 and Skyrim.
    I'd recommend you to wait for a price drop to pick it up or to play it to bridge the time between now and Diablo 3.

Did anyone else pre-order this game? I picked this up because they were selling it cheap at JBHi-fi and threw in the day-one DLC with all copies, but the pre-order redemption site listed on the card (http://preorder.risen2.com) is the German site, and it's telling me my code ist nicht gültig. Anyone know what's up?
    Last edited by Drav; 04-28-2012 at 02:04 AM.

Prod with the Prod The Doomhammer's Avatar
    I pre-ordered, but it was with steam so I didn't have to deal with that. How much were they selling it for at JB?

$57. Not a great saving over steam (about $3, $7 dearer if you actually pre-ordered), but I'm still not over physical media.

I presume they haven't activated the English pre-order site yet, so I guess I'll just wait.

The lovely nurse Member FreakGirl's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ThroneofDravaris View Post
    and it's telling me my code ist nicht gültig. Anyone know what's up?
    "nicht gültig" means, that your code is not valid. That's all I can help you with, if you haven't translated that yourself by now. Sorry.

I pre-ordered my Risen 2 CE over an Austrian gaming store, where I order most of my games.

I am looking forward to this game, even though I didn't like Risen 1 much. I played that on the PC, but not for long. Risen 2 caught my attention just because of the pirate theme.
    Currently playing: Diablo III, Max Payne 3, many XBLA games

GamerTag: FreakGirl
    PSN: Freakgirl1985