Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Golden Week Grants Persona 4 Golden

Golden Week Grants Persona 4 Golden

Not all is quiet out of Japan during Golden Week. Atlus USA has revealed some Japanese news, and that news is golden.

Story
    "The universe is already mad. Anything else would be redundant."
    Twitter @FinalMacstorm

News Director/Reviewer RPGamer Staff Severin Mira's Avatar
    Huzzahs! Expected but didn't think it'd be this soon
    "My doctor says that I have a malformed public-duty gland and a natural deficiency in moral fibre and that I am therefore excused from saving universes."
    Twitter: severinmira | Xbox Live: Severin Mira | PSN: severinmira (EU), severin-US (US) | NNID: severinmira | Skype: severinmk
    Final Fantasy XIV: Sevirain Kristinger (Leviathan)

RPGamer Staff RPGamer Staff Wheels's Avatar
    Now if they can just bring over Eternal Punishment PSP, we can have the entire Persona series on a Vita memory card!

This is BEAR-y exciting news!
    Give me Underboob, or give me death!

"As a gaming enthusiast, people who carry a pro-hacker flag for selfish self-entitled reasons and willfully ignore the damage that rampant piracy does to developers as well as hardware producers don't deserve to enjoy the games and systems that these companies have poured their souls into to produce."

"A late game is only late until it ships. A bad game is bad until the end of time." ~ David Jaffe

Quote Originally Posted by Oyashiro View Post
    This is BEAR-y exciting news!
    The wait until fall is going to be un-BEAR-able!

Not really since I don't have a Vita now but this guarantees I'll get one this year.

Releaser of Heavy Metal LegendaryZoltan's Avatar
    It's frustrating to me. Why the hell won't they make it compatible with PS3 as well. What about the whole transfarring thing? Have they given up on that? That's not only for Konami, right? I'm so annoyed about this that I feel like punishing Atlus by not buying the PSN Persona 3. Whatever. OK, I'm done being bummed. You guys can get back to being stoked now.

They're gearing up for P5 as a Vita exclusive.

Never played this or P3, but intrigued. Have to say I'm more into the dungeon-crawling and the persona side of things rather than the social / date-sim bits. Which of P4 or P3P is heavier / lighter on the whole schoolkid social sim aspects? Or are these parts of the game so good that I really should not write them off?
    Graphics for this version look awesome, too.

Skip both and find a copy of Nocturne.

Quote Originally Posted by LegendaryZoltan View Post
    It's frustrating to me. Why the hell won't they make it compatible with PS3 as well. What about the whole transfarring thing? Have they given up on that? That's not only for Konami, right? I'm so annoyed about this that I feel like punishing Atlus by not buying the PSN Persona 3. Whatever. OK, I'm done being bummed. You guys can get back to being stoked now.
    You make it sound like making a Vita game work on the PS3 or making a PS3 game work on the Vita is as simple as flicking a switch. Its not. It makes much more fiscal sense for them to just release a PS2 classic of P4 on the PS3 instead of porting it again. The games using transfarring and what not are designed that way from the start. It'd be cool to have on the PS3 as well, but you're making it sound like it would be a no-brainer to do that and its really not.

Quote Originally Posted by ThroneofDravaris View Post
    They're gearing up for P5 as a Vita exclusive.
    With the Vita selling like it is in Japan? Unlikely. I still think Catherine was actually gearing up an engine for P5 on PS3/360

Skip both and find a copy of Nocturne.
    Yeah I'll second that. The social stuff is integral to the experience, so if that doesn't interest you stick to other SMT games. Maybe give P3 a try on PSN though since its only $9.99? I didn't think I'd dig the social stuff either but it ended up hooking me.

Quote Originally Posted by Wheels View Post
    With the Vita selling like it is in Japan? Unlikely. I still think Catherine was actually gearing up an engine for P5 on PS3/360
    I think that's what everyone thought, but then Atlus said P5 would run on a new engine.

Really my rational is just that Persona has been handheld-only (and relatively successful) for so many years now that I don't really see them changing. Especially if P5 is going to be another 60-100 hour game.
    Last edited by Drav; 05-03-2012 at 07:45 AM.

I think that's what everyone thought, but then Atlus said P5 would run on a new engine.

Really my rational is just that Persona has been handheld-only (and relatively successful) for so many years now that I don't really see them changing. Especially if P5 is going to be another 60-100 hour game.
    ahh I see, but still doesn't suggest they want to do P5 on Vita.

More like they've ported the console games to handhelds, which I LOVE. But I have a feeling that was out of ease and lower budget, not a desire to be on handhelds.
    Twitter @FinalMacstorm

I don't think Atlus have any inherent love of handhelds either; I think they love lower development costs.

I don't think Atlus have any inherent love of handhelds either; I think they love lower development costs.
    Can't say I blame them. Honestly, I want a portable option for lots of games, especially Persona.
    Twitter @FinalMacstorm

I'd appreciate it more if they just stuck to one handheld. Preferably not the one that is region locked.

Prod with the Prod The Doomhammer's Avatar
    Sorry Sony you're gonna have to do better than this to get me to buy a Vita.

Maybe you could do the 'all the RPG's end up on this platform' thing earlier this time.

Quote Originally Posted by The Doomhammer View Post

Maybe you could do the 'all the RPG's end up on this platform' thing earlier this time.
    Sony has nothing to do with this game

A Witness to Destruction Moderator DarkRPGMaster's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The Doomhammer View Post

How did you get Sony behind this when it's from Atlus, who is known to be multiplatform and picky on which platforms to release things on with each game?
    User Database Check
    Pages cleared: 98
    Users cleared: 2940
    Current Year: 2010
    Spammer-Banning Battle Theme: You Will Know Our Names
    Number of Spammers banned: At least 2000 at this point.

Prod with the Prod The Doomhammer's Avatar
    Because I was drunk and making a joke?