Thread: RPG Backtrack: Episode 71 - The Force Is With Us

Code: Kirin Administrator JuMeSyn's Avatar

RPG Backtrack: Episode 71 - The Force Is With Us

A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away LucasArts let a couple of RPGs be made. Many things die in the course of them, but sadly no Gungans were among those slain.
    Twi'lek molesters lurk.
    It's not what he's eating, but what's eating him that makes it ... sort of interesting.

A Familiar Teacher Administrator Strawberry Eggs's Avatar
    I don't know if it's the first instance of a video game character with a gender option being canonically female, but I do know of an earlier one. In Shin Megami Tensei: If..., the main character can be male or female. In Persona 1 and both parts of Persona 2, the female MC from SMT: If... is a minor character and is named Tamaki Uchida. So canonically, the protagonist of If... is a girl named Tamaki Uchida.
    "Tiz, please. You're getting bumpkin all over my feral bikini woman fantasy. "

I Have GOT to play those games some day. I also played Alpha Protocol, and also enjoyed it, even though I was skeptical due to all of the bad press. Definitely worth the play through, considering what it's going for now. I found the aim/headshot complaint to be virtually an non-issue, since it's basically doing what most rpgs do, percentage based accuracy, and even that can be pretty well ignored if you just take the time to line up a shot for a few more seconds.
    If you decide to play through, besides the Stealth, which you should really take anyway, gadgets and Shotguns are also useful I found.

I wonder if you guys will get around to doing a show on the Dot.Hack Series, Ive heard good things about it from Clix.
    ive got candy

HE/SHE/IT!! I'm so hurt! Phil, I think I'm one of like 4 people who have submited a voice recording to you, so I thought we were friends!

But seriously I played the first KOTOR, and while I liked it well enough I was never in love with it like everyone else I seemed to talk to. As one of the very first western style RPG's I ever played, I didn't really get into the whole chosing light vs. dark, as I was always trying to be light. And as you guys mentioned I thought that it was kinda dumb where at the end you make the biggest choice of the game and it is irrelevant of your current affiliation. (Reminds me of a recent game about masses and effects) HK-47 however remains one of my favorite characters from RPGs though, and KOTOR 2 sounds like it might be worth a play just to get him back.

For the record, I prefer HE....sometimes IT.

is not declawed RPGamer Staff Ocelot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Luptis View Post
    HE/SHE/IT!! I'm so hurt! Phil, I think I'm one of like 4 people who have submited a voice recording to you, so I thought we were friends!

But seriously I played the first KOTOR, and while I liked it well enough I was never in love with it like everyone else I seemed to talk to. As one of the very first western style RPG's I ever played, I didn't really get into the whole chosing light vs. dark, as I was always trying to be light. And as you guys mentioned I thought that it was kinda dumb where at the end you make the biggest choice of the game and it is irrelevant of your current affiliation. (Reminds me of a recent game about masses and effects) HK-47 however remains one of my favorite characters from RPGs though, and KOTOR 2 sounds like it might be worth a play just to get him back.

For the record, I prefer HE....sometimes IT.
    Keep in mind, Phil is the man who can't remember the names of the people he podcasts with every week.

Twitter: BeckyCFreelance