Thread: Growlanser: Wayfarer of Time - Preview

News Director/Reviewer RPGamer Staff Severin Mira's Avatar

Growlanser: Wayfarer of Time - Preview

After last month's look at Gungnir, this month RPGamer takes a peek at part two of Atlus' upcoming PSP G-duology. Read on to discover what the Wayfarer of Time will bring when it arrives in North America.

[ Angels We Have Heard on High, Tell Us to Go Out and Buy ]
    "My doctor says that I have a malformed public-duty gland and a natural deficiency in moral fibre and that I am therefore excused from saving universes."
    Twitter: severinmira | Xbox Live: Severin Mira | PSN: severinmira (EU), severin-US (US) | NNID: severinmira | Skype: severinmk
    Final Fantasy XIV: Sevirain Kristinger (Leviathan)

A Witness to Destruction Moderator DarkRPGMaster's Avatar
    I'm getting it the first day of release, that much I swear as a fan of Growlanser. Plus I heard it's kind of a prequel to Growlanser 3, as (if what I heard is true) it happens to help explain how Xion went nuts and decided to do what he did in Growlanser 3.
    User Database Check
    Pages cleared: 98
    Users cleared: 2940
    Current Year: 2010
    Spammer-Banning Battle Theme: You Will Know Our Names
    Number of Spammers banned: At least 2000 at this point.

I'll probably be getting this relatively around the time it comes out. I liked Growlanser Generations, though didn't care much for Heritage of War. Now's the time to grab the PSP releases before they sell out!

I've had this preordered since it was announced, looking forward to it!

This will be my first Growlanser, but probably not right away- I am going to go with Gungnir first, which i think looks a bit better to me..

But it's Satoshi Urahara the master of female nudity in anime (personally believe this and Carnelian is good too) Growlanser FTW.
    I am bad and that is good, I will never be good and that's not bad, there's no one I'd rather be than me - Wreck-it-Ralph

27 years of gaming and still going strong
    and now a Proud if slightly annoyed Father :D

Quote Originally Posted by DarkRPGMaster View Post
    I'm getting it the first day of release, that much I swear as a fan of Growlanser. Plus I heard it's kind of a prequel to Growlanser 3, as (if what I heard is true) it happens to help explain how Xion went nuts and decided to do what he did in Growlanser 3.
    No, it's not a prequel of 3. It's completely standalone and won't even reference any characters or events from previous games. However in Growlanser IV: Returns (the PS2 disc that includes the OVA and several visual novels taking place before and after WoT) there are supposed to be some references to Growlanser 3, but I believe it implies Wayfarer of Time is actually in the distant future of III. In one of the visual novels Creavaniel travels through time and meets Monica and she realizes that the angels he's been fighting are actually Featherian It may also include the reference you mention, but this is the first I heard of it. I haven't played the Japanese version myself so I'm just basing this on what people who have have told me.

I've got my copy pre-ordered. I'll probably get a second one to keep sealed.
    Last edited by daveyd; 05-09-2012 at 03:48 AM.