Thread: Skyrim's Dawnguard Heats Up 360s

Skyrim's Dawnguard Heats Up 360s

It may be cold in Skyrim, but things are going to heat up this summer when the first DLC hits Xbox 360. Let's hope it doesn't get hot enough to melt the ice in Skyrim or cause our 360s to get the RRoD.

Story
    "The universe is already mad. Anything else would be redundant."
    Twitter @FinalMacstorm

That actually looks pretty good. No idea what it's supposed to be about though.

That looks rad! But 20 bucks? Yikes... That's twice what they've asked for the Fallout DLC. Hopefully it's twice as long as they were, at least.

Vampires and Vampire hunters.. it sounds a little like you can side with either, which is good. I wonder if they're adding a new "area", or if it's just plopping new buildings down into the present Skyrim map.

A Witness to Destruction Moderator DarkRPGMaster's Avatar
    EPIC. I'd take the side of the vampires, tbh, because they looks like they got a MAJOR upgrade since the last game.
    User Database Check
    Pages cleared: 98
    Users cleared: 2940
    Current Year: 2010
    Spammer-Banning Battle Theme: You Will Know Our Names
    Number of Spammers banned: At least 2000 at this point.

I didn't learn anything! MasterChief's Avatar
    I have to admit my dissapointment with going the Knights of the Nine route, though being able to go either side seems somewhat interesting. I was hoping for something expanding on the Skyrim Civil War plotline the game had, perhaps the Aldmeri Dominion invasion hinted at the end.

"What the f--- is a Shakespeare?"
    -Rico Valasquez, showing off why no one likes him.

That Guy You Hate RPGamer Staff omegabyte's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterChief View Post
    I have to admit my dissapointment with going the Knights of the Nine route, though being able to go either side seems somewhat interesting. I was hoping for something expanding on the Skyrim Civil War plotline the game had, perhaps the Aldmeri Dominion invasion hinted at the end.
    I highly doubt that this will be the last of the DLC. I'm sure we'll see several more coming in the future. If there's an expansion on the Civil War plotline, that'll probably be the BIG DLC, comparable to Fallout 3's Broken Steel one.
    "It's okay to fail as long as you learn that you failed!" - Neptune, Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory
    Follow me on Twitter
    Read my serialized, comedy-fantasy web novel, The Almanac of All Things - http://www.thealmanac.ca - Read All of Part One Now!

Any word on when this is coming to PS3?
    Give me Underboob, or give me death!

"As a gaming enthusiast, people who carry a pro-hacker flag for selfish self-entitled reasons and willfully ignore the damage that rampant piracy does to developers as well as hardware producers don't deserve to enjoy the games and systems that these companies have poured their souls into to produce."

"A late game is only late until it ships. A bad game is bad until the end of time." ~ David Jaffe

That looks rad! But 20 bucks? Yikes... That's twice what they've asked for the Fallout DLC. Hopefully it's twice as long as they were, at least.
    Bethesda said they'd be doing fewer but more substantial DLC for Skyrim, so I'd imagine it would considerably longer.

Any word on when this is coming to PS3?
    The XBox version has a 30-day exclusivity window, so it should hit PS3 and PC as soon as that expires.

Prod with the Prod The Doomhammer's Avatar
    What MC said

Crossbows and the Vampire... thing look pretty cool (and both were in that game jam video from a ways back) but I guess I'd never be completely satisfied with any DLC/expansion that doesn't take the Civil War and actually do something with it. Ulfric had the potential to be one of the more interesting characters but he basically disappears after the intro and the actual Civil War questlines are so anemic Bethesda shouldn't have even bothered.

Personally, I've been kicking around the idea of doing a narrative LP of Skyrim based on the idea of the PC being an old Nord, one of the original Stormcloaks who left Ulfric after what happened in Markath, returning to Skyrim to die, and instead getting caught up in the whole Dovahkiin business. The story would be more about the PC dealing with his loyalty/love/hatred towards Ulfric and the Stormcloaks, with the dragons serving more as a metaphor of the chaos his uprising has brought to the land instead of the main thrust of the plot (because, jesus christ, Alduin is boring.) Would take significant re-writes and messing about on my part though.