Thread: RPGCast - Episode 225: "Games You-u-u Youtube"

Man vs. Slime, the fourth type of conflict Administrator sabin1001's Avatar

RPGCast - Episode 225: "Games You-u-u Youtube"

RPGCast - Episode 225: "Games You-u-u Youtube"

RPG Cast's pre-E3 celebration is underway. Come party with us as we play Witcher on our Macs, download expansions as DLC, and raid Blizzard's Korean offices. Also, listen to Anna's heart break in two as she realizes she doesn't like an Atlus game.

You can find the links to all our stories on delicious: http://delicious.com/rpgamer/225

RPGCast streams live, sometimes on Friday at 10 PM Eastern / 7 PM Pacific, usually on Saturday at Noon Eastern / 9 AM Pacific.

Leave your feedback in the following ways!
    Post in this thread.
    Email us at podcast@rpgamer.com
    Leave us a voicemail at (608) 729-4098
    Email us an mp3 or m4a voicemail at podcast@rpgamer.com

Download the show: "Games you-u-u Youtube"
    Subscribe to the feed: http://feeds2.feedburner.com/Rpgcast
    Subscribe in iTunes: http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/M...t?id=264306390
    Subscribe your Zune: Zune Player Link

Haven't gotten to the show yet, but I'm guessing that Anna and Game of Thrones didn't get along that well?
    "The flowers all over its body burst into bloom if it is lovingly hugged and senses gratitude."
    Twitter | A gaming podcast by grownups

I've been meaning to say Chris if you just so happen to mention on your podcast that a certain avid member of the boards and frequenter of the website, is doing a lets play of dragons dogma on youtube I'm sure that said person would very kindly plug said very good podcast which he listens (and watches) to, and any other endeavors you see fit to mention, if ya know what I mean "wink wink".
    I wouldn't even bother to Eat that coz your already dead

My Youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/hoktoshinkenmaster
    My Livestream http://www.twitch.tv/hoktomaster

I didn't learn anything! MasterChief's Avatar
    This is the Pinkie Pie/Skyrim parody mentioned on the cast. It's actually quite psychotic.

"What the f--- is a Shakespeare?"
    -Rico Valasquez, showing off why no one likes him.

I don't know why but my first thought was Tomorrow's Pioneers.

Chris is dead-on with his "review" of Diablo 3. Poor storytelling, but spectacular gameplay. I wouldn't knock off even a half point for the always-on connection requirement, though, because it hasn't caused me any problems aside from the launch week downtime. No lag whatsoever . . . a pleasant surprise considering I did have some lag issues during my 5 years in WoW. When I'm playing solo, I tend to forget that I'm playing an online game.

On another subject, I'm excited for the new Divinity game. I'm glad to see that they're ditching the over-the-shoulder perspective in favor of the top-down isometric camera that was used in their first 2 games. And to clear things up, Divine Divinity was the first game in the series released back in 2002. Beyond Divinity, released two years later, was set in the same universe, but was otherwise completely unrelated to Divine Divinity, and the setting felt vastly different. Both games were pretty well-received.

Divinity 2 (the one where you can transform into a dragon) wasn't received as well. Fans of the series didn't much care for the change from Baldur's Gate style combat and exploration to Elder Scrolls style combat and exploration. Newcomers didn't like that transforming into a dragon wasn't as fun in practice as it was in theory. Personally, I liked the game, but not as much as it's predecessors (which I loved). This new game looks a lot more like the first two games, though this time they're going with an entirely turn-based combat system, which differentiates it from Divinity 2 even further. I'm a big fan of Larian's storytelling, so regardless, this will likely be a day 1 purchase for me.

Familiar Face Administrator Strawberry Eggs's Avatar
    Not sure how much I can say, but considering the size of the Megami Tensei franchise, there will be more than one backtrack episode devoted to it. I can still give a brief rundown on the games, if anyone is interested. :P

Reordered reactions to E3 news? This could be interesting.
    "Life will be a very great deal less weird without you!"

"Do you know I think that's the nicest thing anybody's ever said to me?

Anna, are you sure you liked the Digital Devil Saga games? That shocks me considering you hated Nocturne. They're pretty similar in gameplay terms and I don't think the difficulty was much different.

And Chris, if you were looking for a good first person dungeon crawler, you couldn't do much better than SMT: Strange Journey on the DS. Fun SMT combat system, demon recruitment and fusion, and an interesting setting.

Gunclaws and Meow. Administrator Paws's Avatar
    I loved DDS! Maybe I'm just contrary. But I also vastly preferred the story in DDS.

About the lack of a TV upstairs as a reason to not use consoles...

I don't have a TV in my room either, but I play all of my consoles there. I use a 1920x1200 computer monitor with HDMI inputs for my PS3.

If you want the Wii and PS2, and older consoles though, you'll need a computer monitor with Component inputs as well. Asus makes the one I have, but you can get one from Samsung as well. I switch that monitor between being my second monitor for my gaming PC and the monitor for consoles.