Thread: Tales of Xillia 2 Announced for Japan

is not declawed RPGamer Staff Ocelot's Avatar

Tales of Xillia 2 Announced for Japan

A main character wielding dual pistols in a Tales game? It looks like Namco Bandai was serious about Tales of Xillia 2 having a modern look and feel.

[Story]

Thread Ground Rules

Yes, we are aware that the first Tales of Xillia hasn't yet been announced for North America.
    No, we do not know if/when that game or this game will be localized.
    Yes, we know Namco Bandai feeds on our tears.

If you have nothing more interesting to say than this, please do not post. Please keep all conversation focused primarily on Tales of Xillia 2. Hint: Tales of Vesperia PS3 has nothing whatsoever to do with Tales of Xillia 2.

Twitter: BeckyCFreelance

Cross Double Raid LMB System
    Okay, now it's just getting ridiculous.

RPGamer Staff RPGamer Staff Wheels's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by flamethrower View Post
    Okay, now it's just getting ridiculous.
    Just now? They've been pretty ridiculous for awhile! :P

A Witness to Destruction Moderator DarkRPGMaster's Avatar
    Oh god a sequel already? I hope it's good, and doesn't fall short.
    User Database Check
    Pages cleared: 98
    Users cleared: 2940
    Current Year: 2010
    Spammer-Banning Battle Theme: You Will Know Our Names
    Number of Spammers banned: At least 2000 at this point.

Angel-Possessed Priestess Administrator Strawberry Eggs's Avatar
    Wow, that was fast. It took a few years for the other direct-sequel Tales games to come out after their original games. I heard that Xillia sold incredibly well, but for a direct sequel to some out this soon is impressive.
    "Tiz, please. You're getting bumpkin all over my feral bikini woman fantasy. "

Overdosing Heavenly Bliss Moderator ChickenGod's Avatar
    Watched the trailer, and for some reason I got a Zero no Kiseki vibe from it. The main character looks like he could be a member of the police or a decective similar to Lloyd. Dual wielding pistols in combat sounds great too.
    Last edited by ChickenGod; 06-04-2012 at 10:44 PM.
    "Looks like Teach just got tenure!" - Teach

Japanese isn't so hard to learn right? I'm pretty sure I can have most of the reading down in a year. The modern setting reminds me of Fullmetal Alchemist and the game play looks spectacular.
    “Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen.”
    -Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by pcaballe View Post
    Japanese isn't so hard to learn right? I'm pretty sure I can have most of the reading down in a year. The modern setting reminds me of Fullmetal Alchemist and the game play looks spectacular.
    Well it depends on what you have to end up learning. If it's Kanji, and some of the more complex forms of Kanji it'd be difficult. But you have 3 written languages you have to learn Hirogana(sp?), Katakana, and Kanji. If you speant literally one year doing nothing but studying Japanese with nothing else you may get it. But even professors who have been studying and teaching it for years don't fully know all of it cause it's kinda like Eskimo where a single word may have multiple meanings depending on context, tone of voice, structure. My uncle who is a Professor of Language specifically Japanese informed me that he loses most of the students from the program by the time they Hit Level 3. I sat in on his level 3 class and it had 3 students, where as his level 1/2 have easily 30/15 respectfully.

Of those 3 students 1 spoke it fluently, one spoke it decently, and one had trouble speaking and understanding it. The class was spoken entirely in Japanese.
    I am bad and that is good, I will never be good and that's not bad, there's no one I'd rather be than me - Wreck-it-Ralph

27 years of gaming and still going strong
    and now a Proud if slightly annoyed Father :D

So Supposedly there is gonig to some sort of secret announcement which is being teased at the TalesofU twitter. I think I saw that whatever is being talked about will come out on Friday.
    I am bad and that is good, I will never be good and that's not bad, there's no one I'd rather be than me - Wreck-it-Ralph

27 years of gaming and still going strong
    and now a Proud if slightly annoyed Father :D

A Witness to Destruction Moderator DarkRPGMaster's Avatar
    I shall say it now as my guess, a Tales game the UK does not have but has been wanting to have will be announced. Yes, it's so vague it's self-fulfilling.
    User Database Check
    Pages cleared: 98
    Users cleared: 2940
    Current Year: 2010
    Spammer-Banning Battle Theme: You Will Know Our Names
    Number of Spammers banned: At least 2000 at this point.

News Director/Reviewer RPGamer Staff Severin Mira's Avatar
    The only thing I can think of that might follow any form of pattern in relation to Tales and Europe might be Innocence R (or one of the spin-offs) as we have got the better of it in terms of handhelds (Eternia for the PSP and Abyss 3DS a few months early). I'd be surprised if they announced Xillia or any other main entry before Graces f was even out here yet. Hell, it might even something to do with Graces f, providing delicious tears from everyone hadn't realised it was a UK account and Graces f isn't out here yet :P

This is pure conjecture though with no backing information/knowledge whatsoever
    "My doctor says that I have a malformed public-duty gland and a natural deficiency in moral fibre and that I am therefore excused from saving universes."
    Twitter: severinmira | Xbox Live: Severin Mira | PSN: severinmira (EU), severin-US (US) | NNID: severinmira | Skype: severinmk
    Final Fantasy XIV: Sevirain Kristinger (Leviathan)

http://andriasang.com/con1se/tox2_update/

New info. Link Artes are back, but there are now coomon and unique link artes.