Thread: E3 2012 - Mass Effect 3 Coming to Wii U

Staff Healer RPGamer Staff TwinBahamut's Avatar

E3 2012 - Mass Effect 3 Coming to Wii U

It took some prodding and an offer for a free copy of Pikmin 3, but Nintendo has finally secured an endorsement from Commander Shepard. Sales of the Wii U among Krogans are expected to increase by 200%.

[Link]

RPGamer Staff RPGamer Staff Wheels's Avatar
    Prediction: Interactive comic for decisions from first two ME games

Seconded. Unless BioWare can buy out Microsoft's publishing rights for ME1, they'd have to do something.
    "The flowers all over its body burst into bloom if it is lovingly hugged and senses gratitude."
    Twitter | A gaming podcast by grownups

Ooh, is it going to be the real ME3 or will it be"Mass Effect Heroes" or "Mass Effect Adventures"? I have to knoooooooow!

Strangely, it's going to be the real, full version of ME3.
    "The universe is already mad. Anything else would be redundant."
    Twitter @FinalMacstorm

I wonder if they will include the 'expanded' ending, or if Wii U buyers will get it as DLC like the rest of us.

By the time the WiiU comes out, the ending DLC will be available - but they'll probably put it on the disc anyway.
    "The flowers all over its body burst into bloom if it is lovingly hugged and senses gratitude."
    Twitter | A gaming podcast by grownups

I'm just wondering what incentive there is to buy this when the other versions will likely be $19.99 by that point

Dread News Editor RPGamer Staff Fowl Sorcerous's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Wheels View Post
    I'm just wondering what incentive there is to buy this when the other versions will likely be $19.99 by that point
    that seems to be the issue with a lot of the third party 'launch window' titles for the console, but then again if the wii's install base (kids and casuals) opt for the sequel console maybe we'll see them broaden out in taste?

In future news, Mass Effect 3 on the WiiU sells a total of 2345 copies. Bioware scratches their heads and remains perplexed, wondering why nobody wanted to buy a 2 year old game on inferior hardware.
    Vanillaware’s 2D is, once again, shaming their competitor’s 3D. It’s like, what are you even doing with your extra D, jerks? Maybe we should hold that extra D in reserve for you, like a trust, until you are ready. - Tycho, Penny Arcade

Quote Originally Posted by Fowl Sorcerous View Post
    that seems to be the issue with a lot of the third party 'launch window' titles for the console, but then again if the wii's install base (kids and casuals) opt for the sequel console maybe we'll see them broaden out in taste?
    This is true, hopefully it has some neat WiiU features.

Quote Originally Posted by Savorien View Post
    In future news, Mass Effect 3 on the WiiU sells a total of 2345 copies. Bioware scratches their heads and remains perplexed, wondering why nobody wanted to buy a 2 year old game on inferior hardware.
    ME3 just came out for PC/Xbox/PS3 March 2012. It's scheduled to come out by the end of 2012, so I don't see how it's 2 years old already. Plus, we don't have the full details on the hardware for the Wii U. For all we know, it could be more powerful than the ps3/360, or roughly the same.

Although I didn't realize it was scheduled to come out that soon, keep in mind that delays are not an anomaly in the industry. There have been numerous reports already that the Wii U hardware cannot perform was well as the 360 and PS3. I wish I could draw up the links but I believe I read it on Kotaku as well as heard about it on GiantBomb. Anyway, I played ME3 on PC, so that's more where I was drawing the conclusion from - my PC hardware being far superior to what the Wii U has under the hood.
    Vanillaware’s 2D is, once again, shaming their competitor’s 3D. It’s like, what are you even doing with your extra D, jerks? Maybe we should hold that extra D in reserve for you, like a trust, until you are ready. - Tycho, Penny Arcade