Thread: Record of Agarest War 2 Impression - E3 2012

Record of Agarest War 2 Impression - E3 2012

Third time's the charm for Aksys, as the company prepares to release the third game in the Agarest series. This one takes it to the next level by offering shiatsu massage and bathtub minigames.

Impression by Chris/sabin1001
    "The universe is already mad. Anything else would be redundant."
    Twitter @FinalMacstorm

:/ I have mixed feelings about being interested in this game. A tactical Valkyrie Profile type battle system makes me want to play it, while most of the other stuff would make me uncomfortable were my girlfriend watching me play (as she sometimes likes to do...). So, can this appeal to the strategy rpg gamer while not embarassing someone for playing an obviously overtly sexual game?

Slanty mouth smiley indeed. :/

News Director/Reviewer RPGamer Staff Severin Mira's Avatar
    It may be worth reading the ESRB rating - here. Rather surprisingly the entire series is only rated Teen. (PEGI rates Agarest 1 as 12+, Agarest Zero and 2 as 16+)

Note: following opinions come from what I experienced in Agarest Zero, which I didn't get very far in as it was veeerrry tedious, so may turn out to be slightly wide of the mark.

The sexuality certainly won't be constant, but it does appear now and then. However, I expect the vast majority of the game to be perfectly fine, with probably one case of each of the games per session (that's a guess). The majority of the cutscenes I saw were generally fine, some with minorly suggestive dialogue. The biggest "dangers" will easily be for those mini games and the end of generation (and maybe some bonus) scenes.

Gameplay improvement definitely looks quite interesting, I see they've revamped how the grids work, just as long as you aren't required to the exact same battle twenty times in each dungeon as Zero required (and you were lucky if it was only twenty).
    Last edited by Severin Mira; 06-08-2012 at 12:48 PM. Reason: added PEGI ratings
    "My doctor says that I have a malformed public-duty gland and a natural deficiency in moral fibre and that I am therefore excused from saving universes."
    Twitter: severinmira | Xbox Live: Severin Mira | PSN: severinmira (EU), severin-US (US) | NNID: severinmira | Skype: severinmk
    Final Fantasy XIV: Sevirain Kristinger (Leviathan)

hmm....I'm not usually bothered by sexual content in anything, but it just seems like at 26 I shouldn't be playing something solely for the innuendo or uh, art direction. Maybe i'll wait and see how embarrassing it might be? Either way I'm still curious.

Banned Banned
    love agarest