Thread: Penny Arcade Rain-Slick Interview - E3 2012

is not declawed RPGamer Staff Ocelot's Avatar

Penny Arcade Rain-Slick Interview - E3 2012

Are you a Gentleman or more of a Crabomancer? In Penny Arcade's On the Rain-Slick Precipice of Darkness 3, you can be both. Learn more in our video interview.

Twitter: BeckyCFreelance

New Member Member bill_at_zeboyd's Avatar
    Thanks for interviewing Robert! I wish I could have been there, but it's an expensive plane ticket for me, only a few hours' drive for Robert.

Hope you liked the game! We're in the polishing phase right now, and it's very nearly done.

A Witness to Destruction Moderator DarkRPGMaster's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bill_at_zeboyd View Post
    Thanks for interviewing Robert! I wish I could have been there, but it's an expensive plane ticket for me, only a few hours' drive for Robert.

Hope you liked the game! We're in the polishing phase right now, and it's very nearly done.
    I hope you guys are able to get everything down perfectly for the release date, and able to polish it to the point where it blinds us.

EDIT: Also, loving what I see. You have guaranteed I'll be getting this on my birthday, aka the release date.
    Last edited by DarkRPGMaster; 06-08-2012 at 11:28 AM.
    User Database Check
    Pages cleared: 98
    Users cleared: 2940
    Current Year: 2010
    Spammer-Banning Battle Theme: You Will Know Our Names
    Number of Spammers banned: At least 2000 at this point.

Banned Banned
    i get this final fantasy VI vibe

I've got MS points on standby here. Don't know if I will ever bother to play the first two Precipice of Darkness games, unless they get remade by Zeboyd.

Quote Originally Posted by shintowave123 View Post
    i get this final fantasy VI vibe
    With a class system, I'd say more FFV. But with the Grandia style interrupt system and the most lenient class leveling system I've ever seen, distinctly not.

My biggest question at this point is: Do the classes/characters have branching paths where we choose some of the options, like the prior leveling system or are our choices this time around purely the assignment of class combinations each character gets?
    Last edited by watcher; 06-10-2012 at 01:32 AM.

The classes do not branch. We considered that at one point, but decided it would be too difficult to balance everything with the timetable we were shooting for.
    Check out our new XBox 360 Indie RPG, Cthulhu Saves the World, at http://zeboyd.com or follow us on twitter (username: werezompire) for the latest news.

I forgot to ask this earlier: do you need to have played the first two games to know what's going on in the third?

No. We tried to make it easy to jump in if you've never played any of the previous games.
    Check out our new XBox 360 Indie RPG, Cthulhu Saves the World, at http://zeboyd.com or follow us on twitter (username: werezompire) for the latest news.

this looks really fun. perfect game to bring up on my PC at work...or should i not be writing this...
    Now Playing: Final Fantasy 13-2, Xenosaga 2, Wild Arms 2, Zelda Twilight Princess