Thread: Amaterasu To Paint in HD

Amaterasu To Paint in HD

New HD version of Okami discovered resting in bamboo grove. Princess Kaguya unavailable for comment.

[NEWS]

befriend (v.): to use mecha-class beam weaponry to inflict grievous bodily harm on a target in the process of proving the validity of your belief system.

A Witness to Destruction Moderator DarkRPGMaster's Avatar
    This should please fans greatly...like me.
    User Database Check
    Pages cleared: 98
    Users cleared: 2940
    Current Year: 2010
    Spammer-Banning Battle Theme: You Will Know Our Names
    Number of Spammers banned: At least 2000 at this point.

That Guy You Hate RPGamer Staff omegabyte's Avatar
    Finally a game that would be worth owning a Move for.

Not that I'm going to get one, just saying. It would actually be worth it for this.
    "It's okay to fail as long as you learn that you failed!" - Neptune, Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory
    Follow me on Twitter
    Read my serialized, comedy-fantasy web novel, The Almanac of All Things - http://www.thealmanac.ca - Read All of Part One Now!

is not declawed RPGamer Staff Ocelot's Avatar
    Poor, poor neglected Move.

I'm reserving judgment on this remake until I see how well they translate the graphics into HD. A lazy job wouldn't do justice to the game's gorgeous style, and since it's Capcpom, I fear a lazy job.

Twitter: BeckyCFreelance

Quote Originally Posted by Ocelot View Post
    Poor, poor neglected Move.

I'm reserving judgment on this remake until I see how well they translate the graphics into HD. A lazy job wouldn't do justice to the game's gorgeous style, and since it's Capcpom, I fear a lazy job.
    Perhaps this trailer will help you make your judgement: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=evRYEFzAY8w

I've never seen the logic in buying a move since my Wii does that same thing except for the HD part. As for Okami in HD...pretty awesome idea but we'll have to see if they can pull it off right but I doubt this for a $20 a copy budget...
    FFXI Character name: Shadowneko Server: Quetzalcoatl Main Jobs: lvl 76 THF, lvl 95 Summoner, lvl 39 Dragoon

My VAPS Entry,

Was this game really that good?
    Never buy a game published by D3 Publisher that is not WKCII. They cheated on their fans by releasing a game that they didn't support not even for a year and they released a rushed translation.

Yes, it was that good.
    User Database Check

I never finished it on PS2. It was cool, tho.

Releaser of Heavy Metal LegendaryZoltan's Avatar
    As long as it doesn't REQUIRE the move, I will get this. Assuming that they'll do a good job on it, PS3 owners don't get awesome news like this very often. Now if the same thing could happen with Xenoblade!

EDIT: Just watch the trailer. I don't see anything that makes want the older version over this one. It's going to rock.
    Last edited by LegendaryZoltan; 06-21-2012 at 01:14 AM.
    Like RPGs? Then you will like my RPG comedy show. Watch free RIGHT HERE!

FaceBook | Twitter | Website

Quote Originally Posted by LegendaryZoltan View Post
    As long as it doesn't REQUIRE the move, I will get this. Assuming that they'll do a good job on it, PS3 owners don't get awesome news like this very often. Now if the same thing could happen with Xenoblade!

EDIT: Just watch the trailer. I don't see anything that makes want the older version over this one. It's going to rock.
    After playing the Wii version, I can't imagine playing it without motion controls. It's one of the few Wii games I've played where they just plain fit. That and Skyward Sword.

Edit: Watched that trailer, **** it, I'm totally getting a Move so I can replay this. That's an amazing looking port, and it's one of the best action-adventure games ever made.
    Last edited by omegabyte; 06-21-2012 at 01:22 AM.
    "It's okay to fail as long as you learn that you failed!" - Neptune, Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory
    Follow me on Twitter
    Read my serialized, comedy-fantasy web novel, The Almanac of All Things - http://www.thealmanac.ca - Read All of Part One Now!

As long as it doesn't REQUIRE the move, I will get this.
    It won't require the Move. This version will have the PS2 control scheme as well.

befriend (v.): to use mecha-class beam weaponry to inflict grievous bodily harm on a target in the process of proving the validity of your belief system.

Releaser of Heavy Metal LegendaryZoltan's Avatar
    Omegabyte and Quin solidified it for me. This one is officially on the list. Sorry FFX remake. No room for you anymore.
    Like RPGs? Then you will like my RPG comedy show. Watch free RIGHT HERE!

FaceBook | Twitter | Website

Omegabyte and Quin solidified it for me. This one is officially on the list. Sorry FFX remake. No room for you anymore.
    I can't see why SE is even bothering with FF10 since it's not a great game(ok game but not great) they'd do better with FF7 and FF9...but this is about Okami which I played some of and always ment to go back but never did...
    FFXI Character name: Shadowneko Server: Quetzalcoatl Main Jobs: lvl 76 THF, lvl 95 Summoner, lvl 39 Dragoon

My VAPS Entry,

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    I can't see why SE is even bothering with FF10 since it's not a great game(ok game but not great) they'd do better with FF7 and FF9...but this is about Okami which I played some of and always ment to go back but never did...
    FF7 and FF9 are done to death. They're overhyped, and barely qualify for good in today's society when it comes to localizations and gameplay. FF10 is the same, to be honest, but it DOES have that traditional turn-based system going for it...and I heard they're going to be giving the US the International version for the Vita, which is something we never acquired. If it's true, then they're giving us in a sense, an enhanced port.

But back on Okami, I wish I had a PS3 to play the PS2 remastered version. Oh well, I still have the PS2 version to play with.
    User Database Check

Man vs. Slime, the fourth type of conflict Administrator sabin1001's Avatar
    I've added the beautiful trailer to the first post (I think I was too late in editing the back end project to let John know about it in time to get it into the story post).

Moderator Moderator flamethrower's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by omegabyte View Post
    After playing the Wii version, I can't imagine playing it without motion controls.
    I played the Wii version too, and I couldn't get the motion controls to work. For example, for "power slash," you have to draw a horizontal line across an object on the screen (using the motion controls). I honestly had trouble doing it so the game would recognize it.

Quote Originally Posted by flamethrower View Post
    I played the Wii version too, and I couldn't get the motion controls to work. For example, for "power slash," you have to draw a horizontal line across an object on the screen (using the motion controls). I honestly had trouble doing it so the game would recognize it.
    There's a trick to it that wasn't well explained, but when you figured it out, it was incredibly easy and made the power slash in particular a fantastic quick weapon during combat.

The issue was that motion controls made it hard to draw a straight line, but if you held the B button (I think, it might have been Z, it's been a while since I played it), lines would be forced to be straight, making it very easy to pull off. It didn't force them perfectly straight, it was more that it straightened out lines the ought to be straight so they could be recognized, so you could still slash in any direction. It became second nature for me pretty quickly, as I recall. All you had to do to pull off a powerslash was activate the brush, hold the button down, and do a quick horizontal swipe before letting go. Took less than a second when you got used to it.

The only real complaint I had about the Wii controls wasn't anything to do with the motion controls, it was the camera bound to the D-pad, which is naturally pretty awkward.
    Follow me on Twitter