Thread: RPGCast - Episode 228: "The Segue That Never Was"

Man vs. Slime, the fourth type of conflict Administrator sabin1001's Avatar

RPGCast - Episode 228: "The Segue That Never Was"

RPGCast - Episode 228: "The Segue That Never Was"

Guild Wars and Pokémon get a release date. TERA gets a really expensive horse. EVE players get the smack down laid upon them. But then the landlord shows up and Shawn gets control of the show.

You can find the links to all our stories on delicious: http://delicious.com/rpgamer/228

RPGCast streams live, sometimes on Friday at 10 PM Eastern / 7 PM Pacific, usually on Saturday at Noon Eastern / 9 AM Pacific.

Leave your feedback in the following ways!
    Post in this thread.
    Email us at podcast@rpgamer.com
    Leave us a voicemail at (608) 729-4098
    Email us an mp3 or m4a voicemail at podcast@rpgamer.com

Download the show: "The Segue That Never Was"
    Subscribe to the feed: http://feeds2.feedburner.com/Rpgcast
    Subscribe in iTunes: http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/M...t?id=264306390
    Subscribe your Zune: Zune Player Link

RPGamer Staff RPGamer Staff GaijinMonogatari's Avatar
    Is that supposed to be "sequel" or "segue" in the title?

That should be "segue" or "seg".

Liveblog 228 thoughts:

- I'm getting 2 3DSs because I'm hoping that there will be a difficulty switch unlocked like certain games Black 2 and White 2 - knowing Nintendo, this will only be unlocked in local wireless. Also, it's kind of freaky for someone in their late 20s to still be playing Pokemon so I can't get any trading going locally, and I don't trust people online.

- There was a quote this week that sums up my thoughts on the Diablo 3 whining - "The good thing about the internet is that everyone has a voice. The bad thing about the internet is that everyone has a voice."

- MMOs right now are like global thermonuclear war or Xbox Live Gold at this point. The only winning move is not to play.

- That "hot dog ingredient or Skyrim ingredient" sounds like something out of You Don't Know Jack, though I think Manny mentioned it and got talked over.

- Most expensive RPG in my collection is either Xenosaga or Sakura Wars for Wii.

- Would Mario RPG still have as much value as say, Earthbound since it's out on VC in all territories?

- You know who else spent months and months trying to fix their RPG before going with DLC? Skyrim. And you all seemed to like that.

- Good thing you explained that Nuclear Union was in an alternate universe considering 50 years after the Cuban Missile Crisis is *this* year.

- Dream Radar is approximately 300 yen ($4) in Japan, Pokedex is free, Pokedex Pro is some insane amount of money considering you can access Bulbapedia from the 3DS web browser. I'm expecting Dream Radar to be someone's bonus for preordering B2W2.

- Not surprising that Infinity Blade made more money for Epic. Considering Microsoft, retailers, costs of production and other factors mean Epic probably makes a buck a copy on Gears, having Apple take 30% off the top and that's it for Infinity Blade is a saviour.

- So does the drop rate for rare stuff in Diablo 3 mean that guy who quit his job to work the RMAH can get off the ledge?

- Screw the Circle Pad Pro.
    Last edited by Shaymin; 07-01-2012 at 02:23 PM.
    "The flowers all over its body burst into bloom if it is lovingly hugged and senses gratitude."
    Twitter | A gaming podcast by grownups

is not declawed RPGamer Staff Ocelot's Avatar
    Lots of people in their 20s and 30s still play Pokemon. It started with our generation, don'tcha know. We just tend to trade Pokes around quietly with our same-age friends or people met in adult-populated Internet communities like RPGamer. I know what you mean, though. I posted a couple times on a Viva Pinata message board once and then had to make it clear in my Xbox Live profile that I was a grown-up. I stopped getting waaaay too many friend requests after that.

Don't know how it was discussed on the podcast, but Infinity Blade didn't make more money overall for Epic than its AAA games do, it just had a higher profit margin (more money made per amount of money spent on development). It's just like traditional portable games in that way, but I don't think Epic really developed for DS or PSP, so I guess it's just learning how you have higher profit margins when you don't have to spend megabucks on audio-visuals. :-p

Twitter: BeckyCFreelance

Angel-Possessed Priestess Administrator Strawberry Eggs's Avatar
    Unchained Blades will be coming to the 3DS as well. When is uncertain, but it'll likely be sometime after New Super Mario Bros. 2 is released, as that will be the first game released as a digital download on the Nintendo eShop on the same day as its physical release date.

Also, to paraphrase numerous people: time travel hurts my head. XP
    "Tiz, please. You're getting bumpkin all over my feral bikini woman fantasy. "

Man vs. Slime, the fourth type of conflict Administrator sabin1001's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GaijinMonogatari View Post
    Is that supposed to be "sequel" or "segue" in the title?
    Yep, kept forgetting too until now. q looks like g in a hurry in some fonts...