Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ni no Kuni Gets a Limited Wizard's Companion

Staff Healer RPGamer Staff TwinBahamut's Avatar

Ni no Kuni Gets a Limited Wizard's Companion

RPGs are not strangers to magical texts and tomes, but these things rarely come in such a tangible form as what will be bundled in with certain copies of Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch. Expect to pay a premium for this dictionary of magic, though.

[Link]
    Last edited by TwinBahamut; 07-02-2012 at 11:00 AM.

A Witness to Destruction Moderator DarkRPGMaster's Avatar
    They torture me with that. I don't want to pay $100 for that...but the magic book is making me want to.
    User Database Check
    Pages cleared: 98
    Users cleared: 2940
    Current Year: 2010
    Spammer-Banning Battle Theme: You Will Know Our Names
    Number of Spammers banned: At least 2000 at this point.

I tad over priced Id have to say.

is not declawed RPGamer Staff Ocelot's Avatar
    I would have a financial dilemma here, but they don't ship outside the USA, so I guess I don't have to decide. :-p

Twitter: BeckyCFreelance

daveh_cdn
    They aren't shipping to Canada? Seriously eh? I guess I'll have to ship it to the border and go pick it up.

Now, I'm wondering since they've translated the book to English if anyone'll tackle hacking / translating the DS version.

Honestly when I heard about this game years ago I was more excited for the DS version with the stylus casting spells. I WISH they would make that one in English.

That Guy You Hate RPGamer Staff omegabyte's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by daveh_cdn View Post
    They aren't shipping to Canada? Seriously eh? I guess I'll have to ship it to the border and go pick it up.

Now, I'm wondering since they've translated the book to English if anyone'll tackle hacking / translating the DS version.

Honestly when I heard about this game years ago I was more excited for the DS version with the stylus casting spells. I WISH they would make that one in English.
    I don't think it's the same book. From the sounds of it, this one is sort of a mini-strategy guide, whereas the DS book was actually an essential part of the gameplay.
    "It's okay to fail as long as you learn that you failed!" - Neptune, Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory
    Follow me on Twitter
    Read my serialized, comedy-fantasy web novel, The Almanac of All Things - http://www.thealmanac.ca - Read All of Part One Now!

Staff Healer RPGamer Staff TwinBahamut's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by omegabyte View Post
    I don't think it's the same book. From the sounds of it, this one is sort of a mini-strategy guide, whereas the DS book was actually an essential part of the gameplay.
    Actually, from the looking around I did, I think this is more a physical copy of the PS3 version's in-game equivalent to the DS's book. It's functionally the same kind of thing as the DS version's book, but not required because there is an in-game version. Or something like that.

Almost $120 after shipping and tax, this edition looks nice but I think I'll go for the regular.

Quote Originally Posted by TwinBahamut View Post
    Actually, from the looking around I did, I think this is more a physical copy of the PS3 version's in-game equivalent to the DS's book. It's functionally the same kind of thing as the DS version's book, but not required because there is an in-game version. Or something like that.
    Correct. In Japan, the DS and PS3 versions both had the same book bundled (I have two identical copies of the thing) but the PS3 actually has an in-game version of it as well that you complete by finding pages within the game world.

Quote Originally Posted by abara View Post
    Correct. In Japan, the DS and PS3 versions both had the same book bundled (I have two identical copies of the thing) but the PS3 actually has an in-game version of it as well that you complete by finding pages within the game world.
    Is there a lot of art in the book? If it's a fully loaded art book in addition to having the text, I could see it being worth the extra $40.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulweaver View Post
    Is there a lot of art in the book? If it's a fully loaded art book in addition to having the text, I could see it being worth the extra $40.
    Preordered the Wizard Edition the first day I heard about it. Mine came to $109 tax/shipping.

I'd love to order this. I'm pretty sure I will. But I wish they'd let you get it somewhere other than the Club Namco store. (Personal preference: Amazon. I've got Prime, sooooo...)

I'll probably wait until the reviews to pick this one up.

So, this game has been out in Japan for some time - was it good? It's obviously a very pretty game, and one I've been curious about for awhile. Unlike some multiplatform releases, I assume someone could tell me if it's a decent RPG (with respect to length/quality/etc.) before I drop 100 on something like this...

I've read impressions but not so much a review. though they reviewed the DS game as 5/5, so I'm expecting a rather exceptional game.

$100!? AHAHAHAHA! Nope, not gonna touch that. I bet they have to slash the price before they sell them all.

That Guy You Hate RPGamer Staff omegabyte's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by watcher View Post
    $100!? AHAHAHAHA! Nope, not gonna touch that. I bet they have to slash the price before they sell them all.
    Yeah, I seriously doubt that. I doubt they'll have any left come launch.
    "It's okay to fail as long as you learn that you failed!" - Neptune, Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory
    Follow me on Twitter
    Read my serialized, comedy-fantasy web novel, The Almanac of All Things - http://www.thealmanac.ca - Read All of Part One Now!

RPGamer Staff RPGamer Staff GaijinMonogatari's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulweaver View Post
    The Book has a lot of art, mostly of the illuminated manuscript variety, as well as a collection of fairy tales and personal accounts towards the end. It also includes info on every regular monster, spell, and piece of equipment in the game, regional maps, and encoded messages. It really was more essential for the DS game, though. It's possible to play most of the PS3 game without worrying about consulting the book, except for a specific set of side-quests that require you to do some actual reading.

Releaser of Heavy Metal LegendaryZoltan's Avatar
    I am totally ready to pre order this thing but when I press the pre order button, a blank window pops up and never loads anything. LAME! The FIRST time I EVER buy a special edition, too!

They didn't expect anybody to actually press on the pre-order button.