Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Final Fantasy VII Does PC... Again

is not declawed RPGamer Staff Ocelot's Avatar

Final Fantasy VII Does PC... Again

No, this is not the HD remake you've been looking for. We suspect Square Enix just couldn't pass up the opportunity to allow "Cloud Saving" for Final Fantasy VII.

[Story and Trailer]

Twitter: BeckyCFreelance

I can't see how this could possibly go wrong.

We need sarcasm tags...

befriend (v.): to use mecha-class beam weaponry to inflict grievous bodily harm on a target in the process of proving the validity of your belief system.

Still have my original copy for PC so not really interested in it again.

sorry but I think I'd rather play without your cheat codes SE...I'm still in if the game is fixed for modern video cards tho ^^
    FFXI Character name: Shadowneko Server: Quetzalcoatl Main Jobs: lvl 76 THF, lvl 95 Summoner, lvl 39 Dragoon

My VAPS Entry,

No Update to graphics, also will allow for trophies. The EU version of the site had some info.
    I am bad and that is good, I will never be good and that's not bad, there's no one I'd rather be than me - Wreck-it-Ralph

27 years of gaming and still going strong
    and now a Proud if slightly annoyed Father :D

Quote Originally Posted by TheAnimeMan View Post
    No Update to graphics, also will allow for trophies. The EU version of the site had some info.
    as long as it's not grainy and renders smooth this is a non issue(goes along with "supports video cards that are not 15 years old")
    FFXI Character name: Shadowneko Server: Quetzalcoatl Main Jobs: lvl 76 THF, lvl 95 Summoner, lvl 39 Dragoon

My VAPS Entry,

Prod with the Prod The Doomhammer's Avatar
    Hmm. I wonder if this will be compatible with all the mods for the old PC version? Guess we'll see.

A Witness to Destruction Moderator DarkRPGMaster's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The Doomhammer View Post
    Hmm. I wonder if this will be compatible with all the mods for the old PC version? Guess we'll see.
    This. I must know if I'm able to do whacky things in the game via way of mods.
    User Database Check
    Pages cleared: 98
    Users cleared: 2940
    Current Year: 2010
    Spammer-Banning Battle Theme: You Will Know Our Names
    Number of Spammers banned: At least 2000 at this point.

I don't see a reason for this other than maybe doing some housecleaning for a legacy title. A Square Enix store exclusive? Come on. If you want to move units in the digital space you have to be on Steam.
    Vanillaware’s 2D is, once again, shaming their competitor’s 3D. It’s like, what are you even doing with your extra D, jerks? Maybe we should hold that extra D in reserve for you, like a trust, until you are ready. - Tycho, Penny Arcade

Yeah, FF7 was great when it came out, but it hasn't aged gracefully. There's nothing in it that hasn't been done better in newer FF games aside from breeding and racing chocobos. And nail bat. Not saying I haven't played the crap out of the game or anything, all I'm saying is, nostalgia glasses off, it's a decent game. :/ Objectively, I can't understand the obsession outside of fond memories of the past.

Quote Originally Posted by Savorien View Post
    I don't see a reason for this other than maybe doing some housecleaning for a legacy title. A Square Enix store exclusive? Come on. If you want to move units in the digital space you have to be on Steam.
    We were discussing this in the staff channel; you can sell a game that requires steam but isn't on the steam store (as well as vice versa) so nothing's saying we won't later hear this is a steam code being sold exclusively by SE. This is all theory though.

Perhaps the updated compatibility with newer OS will spur more modders to take a serious look at the game (again). I'd play the game for the fourth (or is it fifth?) time if, say, some clever modder hacked in a fully functional job system (to the exception of materia).

Quote Originally Posted by lolwhoops View Post
    Yeah, FF7 was great when it came out, but it hasn't aged gracefully. There's nothing in it that hasn't been done better in newer FF games aside from breeding and racing chocobos. And nail bat. Not saying I haven't played the crap out of the game or anything, all I'm saying is, nostalgia glasses off, it's a decent game. :/ Objectively, I can't understand the obsession outside of fond memories of the past.
    The materia / equipment system was quite nice and allowed funny exploiting and I don't think something similar came in later FFs?
    I think it's also the only FF except FFVI that focuses more on the final villain.

That's true. FF has generally had really crappy final villains since VII.

Quote Originally Posted by Ocelot View Post
    Unless you count FFXII, which had a good show going at first for Vayne, then somewhere dropped the ball (sadly). And it's a crying shame, because I truly liked him as a villain. While I hated his guts, there was enough going on to where I respected why he was playing the villain.
    User Database Check

Oh yeah, Vayne was great. Too bad the final villain was all WTF Who Is This Guy?

Oh yeah, Vayne was great. Too bad the final villain was all WTF Who Is This Guy?
    I felt if the story hadn't had that major shift all of a sudden, it would have been as amazing as Tactics Ogre or Final Fantasy Tactics in that department.
    User Database Check

Pretty much...
    Shinra's glass is as thick as ever =p.

That Guy You Hate RPGamer Staff omegabyte's Avatar
    I disagree, as long as you recognize who the real villain was, FFX had a great one (Jecht). I still think that the dynamic between Tidus and Jecht throughout that game is the best character/villain relationship in the history of the series.
    "It's okay to fail as long as you learn that you failed!" - Neptune, Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory
    Follow me on Twitter
    Read my serialized, comedy-fantasy web novel, The Almanac of All Things - http://www.thealmanac.ca - Read All of Part One Now!

I played FFX, but I can't remember anything about its story anymore. I just remember following a linear path all the time, I was in a different world which was not mine and for some reason I was like the choosen one. Who was the villain anyway? That blue haired handsome guy, wasn't it?

In FFVI and FFVII I can very well remember the villains, their personality, even my favorite quotes of them. Their establishing is sooooo much better than any other FF villains which I can barely remember at all.