Thread: RPG Backtrack: Episode 75 - A Link to the Future

Code: Kirin RPGamer Staff JuMeSyn's Avatar

RPG Backtrack: Episode 75 - A Link to the Future

He's a green-clad gadget man, a master of many dungeons with the tools to traverse them. He's an elf, a mute warrior, an unquestioning savior of the land, a lover of sticking it to the porcine, and Nintendo is glad to have him.
    Ah, the N64, you're back.
    It's not what he's eating, but what's eating him that makes it ... sort of interesting.

The secret to the Majora's Mask rupee system is that he would write your account balance on your forehead in invisible ink.

I have Arc Rise Fantasia, but I haven't played it yet. I'll have to put it on my pile of Wii games to play after Xenoblade.

Angel-Possessed Priestess Administrator Strawberry Eggs's Avatar
    Ah, is that why he looked at Link's forehead like that. I had no idea.

I looked up that Haunted Majora thing. It kind of reminds me of the scary "Pokemon Black" hack story, but ten times creepier.
    "Tiz, please. You're getting bumpkin all over my feral bikini woman fantasy. "

Certified Polygameist RPGamer Staff jcservant's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kazriko View Post
    The secret to the Majora's Mask rupee system is that he would write your account balance on your forehead in invisible ink.

I have Arc Rise Fantasia, but I haven't played it yet. I'll have to put it on my pile of Wii games to play after Xenoblade.
    AH...sweet. That makes sense!

And yeah, Arc Rise is pwnsome!

New Member Member
    Never posted here before, but I thought you guys might find this interesting.

When Ocarina of Time was being developed, the sage medallions were actually going to be used to create magic spells. The player was going to need to equip different combinations of medallions in order to use different magic spells. The idea was eventually scrapped and the spells were transferred to the different types of arrows that appear in the game, and the medallions were kept in their current incarnation.

Another interesting change is that the game was originally going to be first-person like when you shoot the bow. There is apparently a glitch in the lake area where you can go back into first-person mode and move around without the bow similar to how the game was originally made.

There is a pretty good fan-made "documentary" floating around the internet somewhere that documents all these changes.

Code: Kirin RPGamer Staff JuMeSyn's Avatar
    Naturally it's fan-made, because Nintendo would be loathe to let anything like that escape its vaults in an official capacity.
    Could the sparse comments for this episode be correlated with the paltry showing RPGs had on the N64? Lacking any additional information to make a distinction, and prone to snap judgments as I am, obviously it's so!
    It's not what he's eating, but what's eating him that makes it ... sort of interesting.