Thread: Namco Bandai Talks Tales of Xillia

Namco Bandai Talks Tales of Xillia

Hideo Baba sits down to discuss Tales of Xillia. Sadly, questions about how Milla's hair works will have to wait until the game is released.

[NEWS]

befriend (v.): to use mecha-class beam weaponry to inflict grievous bodily harm on a target in the process of proving the validity of your belief system.

I'm glad Namco's actually caring about overseas markets for the Tales games, now.

Dread News Editor RPGamer Staff Fowl Sorcerous's Avatar
    I'm glad Namco's actually caring about overseas markets for the Tales games. for now.

fixed that for you.

RPGamer Staff RPGamer Staff Wheels's Avatar
    Wow I can't believe he actually bothered fielding a question about THE OTHER TALES GAME THAT SHALL NOT BE NAMED

Quote Originally Posted by Simba B View Post
    I'm glad Namco's actually caring about overseas markets for the Tales games, now.
    I always find comments like this silly, because save for portable entries we've been getting all the mothership titles for quite some time. Maybe not every VERSION of them, but still. I mean what causes ya'll to say this? The lack of further localized entries in the horrible Radiant Mythology series?

Quote Originally Posted by Wheels View Post
    I always find comments like this silly, because save for portable entries we've been getting all the mothership titles for quite some time. Maybe not every VERSION of them, but still. I mean what causes ya'll to say this? The lack of further localized entries in the horrible Radiant Mythology series?
    It's not silly. After Tales of Vesperia and Tales of Symphonia 2 we went YEARS with nothing. Meanwhile, Japan got Tales of Graces, a greatly enhanced port, and Tales of Xillia. 3 years of steady release in Japan with nothing abroad. It's only this year we are finally being caught up on that three year gap. We'll still be a year and half behind at this rate, give or take a quarter. Most series now a days aim at near-simultaneous releases or at least within 6 months. Until 2012, we WERE being ignored.

Quote Originally Posted by Clix View Post
    It's not silly. After Tales of Vesperia and Tales of Symphonia 2 we went YEARS with nothing. Meanwhile, Japan got Tales of Graces, a greatly enhanced port, and Tales of Xillia. 3 years of steady release in Japan with nothing abroad. It's only this year we are finally being caught up on that three year gap. We'll still be a year and half behind at this rate, give or take a quarter. Most series now a days aim at near-simultaneous releases or at least within 6 months. Until 2012, we WERE being ignored.
    We didn't get Tales of Graces Wii because it was total garbage. Remember the recall? They announced the localization of Graces F pretty quickly after the Japan release, probably way too early really. Then Xillia was just announced of course. Not going into GAME THAT SHALL NOT BE NAMED on PS3 again. We missed Hearts, but they didn't bring over the first two DS games, and it didn't do that well in Japan anyway. So if being ignored means missing a slightly enhanced port of a game we do get, only getting the non-broken great port of another title and missing the version that had to be recalled, missing out on many terrible side-games, but getting the majority of main titles with some great voice acting, and ok missing a few gems like Hearts? Sign me up to be ignored by all Japanese publishers.

Dread News Editor RPGamer Staff Fowl Sorcerous's Avatar
    Gentlemen, ladies. I realize out OP was remiss in not reminding you, but this is a Tales franchise news thread, as such comments that stray from the game at hand (particularly those of the displaced otaku nerderage variety) will be met with FIRE FROM THE ****ING SKY.

thank you and carry on.

Well just make sure to buy this one to keep it happy.

I'm just glad we're getting this
    I am bad and that is good, I will never be good and that's not bad, there's no one I'd rather be than me - Wreck-it-Ralph

27 years of gaming and still going strong
    and now a Proud if slightly annoyed Father :D

A Witness to Destruction Moderator DarkRPGMaster's Avatar
    Gives me plenty of time to get a PS3. This shall be mine.
    User Database Check
    Pages cleared: 98
    Users cleared: 2940
    Current Year: 2010
    Spammer-Banning Battle Theme: You Will Know Our Names
    Number of Spammers banned: At least 2000 at this point.

Wow, think Hideo baba said "As always, the main focus of the Tales of series is the Japanese audience" enough? o.O Way to make us feel like an afterthought. >.>

Well at least he's honest!

Quote Originally Posted by Clix View Post
    It's because English PSP releases are a no-go. It's not really anyone's fault - it's just the market reality.

The only thing I worry it's that they remove the opening song and add instrumental... There's no English version of the opening song.
    Never buy a game published by D3 Publisher that is not WKCII. They cheated on their fans by releasing a game that they didn't support not even for a year and they released a rushed translation.

Quote Originally Posted by LordKaiser View Post
    The only thing I worry it's that they remove the opening song and add instrumental... There's no English version of the opening song.
    ...True. I don't recall ayumi really ever singing in English. Maybe they'll do a cover, if we're lucky.