Thread: RPGCast - Episode 233: "May The F2P Be With You"

Man vs. Slime, the fourth type of conflict Administrator sabin1001's Avatar

RPGCast - Episode 233: "May The F2P Be With You"

RPGCast - Episode 233: "May The F2P Be With You"

Ouya scores another system seller. Virtual reality makes a comeback...with Doom! Dragon's Dogma gets an unnecessary easy mode. Perhaps the most useful announcement is about how you can get a Yak plushie.

You can find the links to all our stories on delicious: http://delicious.com/rpgamer/233

RPGCast streams live on Saturday at Noon Eastern / 9 AM Pacific.

Leave your feedback in the following ways!
    Post in this thread.
    Email us at podcast@rpgamer.com
    Leave us a voicemail at (608) 729-4098
    Email us an mp3 or m4a voicemail at podcast@rpgamer.com

Download the show: "May The F2P Be With You"
    Subscribe to the feed: http://feeds2.feedburner.com/Rpgcast
    Subscribe in iTunes: http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/M...t?id=264306390
    Subscribe your Zune: Zune Player Link

Sigh I missed the live show again : / well I guess I can listen at work this week BTW Chris I tried to add you on PSN : /

on a second note I heard Yak plushie I'm guessing it's a preorder for some kinda harvest moon game or are you guys doing a give away ?

i just finished downloading the episode on itunes. Can't wait to hear it. i love you guys!!

i'll also try my best to experience the show live next week.
    "To die without leaving a corpse....that is the way of the Garo"
    PSN id: Ryumoau

If people were wondering where I went, I was on a plane to Canada.

befriend (v.): to use mecha-class beam weaponry to inflict grievous bodily harm on a target in the process of proving the validity of your belief system.

I didn't learn anything! MasterChief's Avatar
    Yeah, the Ouya's looking like it's pretty serious now. Some big names seem to think this console has life, if only as a multimedia player.

"What the f--- is a Shakespeare?"
    -Rico Valasquez, showing off why no one likes him.

is not declawed RPGamer Staff Ocelot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Quin View Post
    If people were wondering where I went, I was on a plane to Canada.
    Canada has kidnapped Quin. In exchange for his return, we require 15 chocobos and a proper Chrono Trigger sequel.

Twitter: BeckyCFreelance

A Familiar Teacher Administrator Strawberry Eggs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ocelot View Post
    Canada has kidnapped Quin. In exchange for his return, we require 15 chocobos and a proper Chrono Trigger sequel.
    Hope you like Canada, Quin. (XD)
    "Tiz, please. You're getting bumpkin all over my feral bikini woman fantasy. "

New Member New Registered User
    So... the Idle Thumbs Podcast, the one with the kickstarter, which you ragged on for not starting? It's been going strong for almost a month. It's a good podcast, for those on the hunt for a new-old one to listen to, although somewhat PC focused, so it might not appeal to some.

I'm assuming the Dark Eye games someone asked about refers to all the Drakensang games. They're kind of a mix between Gothic and Neverwinter Nights, from what I've seen. It seems the original P&P RPG system is rather complex, so it's kind of daunting to get into, and I've never bothered.
    Still haven't seen anything on the Ouya to really get me excited about it, I have to say.

finally listened to the podcast. sorry it took me so long. And thank you so much Chris for the compliment. I agree most of gamefaqs is abit mean and cynical, but there are nice people as well. :P
    "To die without leaving a corpse....that is the way of the Garo"
    PSN id: Ryumoau

You know, I won't be surprised that in 2 years from now, they're going to have a special episode of Hoarders: Gaming Addiction, with Chris as part of the 2 hour long special XD "I.. I don't know what happened. Everything just looked so good. I planned to play it all, but.. I just kept getting more and more, and my backlog kept getting bigger and bigger, and now my entire life is consumed with unfinished games!!" I think he bought or planned to start about 4 games in this podcast alone.

President of Soft Paws SeraphimKitten's Avatar
    In regards to the question about free-to-play MMOs for Macs, I know I've seen a few show up on MMO Grinder (http://mmogrinder.net/). Lately my connection doesn't let me stream so I can't quickly go through and find them, but if you're interested in free MMO options, it might be worth the time to go through some of the episodes.